Lease delivery times

treehugger

Sep 15, 2006
North Suffolk
Build date will be estimate based of other people's VINs and production dates. I have 14xxx and car was produced at the end of January. Low number VINs mean early production and stock cars.
Ok I thought there was formula someone was aware of to get the build week and day from the number. I have a VIN number quoted on my lease financing paperwork 02xxxx, so I am assuming this is probably a 2020 build vehicle and has been standing in stock.

The paperwork also mentions a registration date of 30-04-21. I messaged the broker on Friday asking for a delivery update and was told it won’t arrive at the dealership until 07-05. Now I’m really confused?

Pords

Apr 23, 2021
I’ve just finalised ordering details this morning for VZ3, and told minimum 14 weeks lead time. I also told them I will take sooner if it comes in earlier. I can’t stop watching videos lol.

jcbmally

Started with nowt and still have most of it left.
Staff member
Dec 26, 2013
Cybertron
Hi, I'm kind of in the same boat, I ordered a lease last week and have been given a date of 23/4 for the car to arrive at the dealers ready for PDI ect. The finance documents came through with a registration date of 30/4, so when I'll get it who knows?
What's your opinion on the VW T-Roc ? The new "R" is the same as the Formentor underneath.

Agnes.Surrey

Nov 6, 2020
Surrey
Ok I thought there was formula someone was aware of to get the build week and day from the number. I have a VIN number quoted on my lease financing paperwork 02xxxx, so I am assuming this is probably a 2020 build vehicle and has been standing in stock.

The paperwork also mentions a registration date of 30-04-21. I messaged the broker on Friday asking for a delivery update and was told it won’t arrive at the dealership until 07-05. Now I’m really confused?
Is it 2xxx or 2xxxx? If the latter, it will be freshly manufactured, not from the storage. It's possible that the car will be registered on 30/04 to hit the quota for April. I once collected lease car which was registered 30/03, but arrived at the dealer 3 weeks later and I collected it on 26/04 (exactly 2 years ago :) )

treehugger

Sep 15, 2006
North Suffolk
Is it 2xxx or 2xxxx? If the latter, it will be freshly manufactured, not from the storage. It's possible that the car will be registered on 30/04 to hit the quota for April. I once collected lease car which was registered 30/03, but arrived at the dealer 3 weeks later and I collected it on 26/04 (exactly 2 years ago :) )
I’ve had another look at the paperwork and it’s definitely 02xxxx. I was told when initially ordering it was at the docks, so I assumed it was just a stock car. Doesn’t really matter either way as I am only leasing and it will never be mine to own.

Agnes.Surrey

Nov 6, 2020
Surrey
So it's newly produced car that arrived recently. You may never own it, but you don't want the hassle of visiting service for different fixes and updates, so it does matter.

treehugger

Sep 15, 2006
North Suffolk
So it's newly produced car that arrived recently. You may never own it, but you don't want the hassle of visiting service for different fixes and updates, so it does matter.
Yes, you are right. It is a chore to keep visiting the dealers, I hadn’t really considered that. On a side note, as it is probably a fairly new build, I guess it won’t have the power tailgate.

GhostyJHH

Apr 27, 2021
Advantage of white will be the fact, that it was produced in 2021 and has new version of software. You don't know how old are the stock cars offered by Leasing Options.

Dealer should be able to check VIN before you order, broker won't.
How do you know that white makes it a 2021 car, just curious

Agnes.Surrey

Nov 6, 2020
Surrey
Because no white stock car was available in 2020. All pre-ordered stock cars where in Black and Greys. The same goes for Silver, Red and Camo, all were produced later.

I ordered white, because it was free colour and had to wait for build week and delivery. I could have swapped to black or grey and get it in December from stock. Which now I'm glad, I didn't.

Reactions: Shackattack

ninja_geezer

May 16, 2021
UK
Yes, you are right. It is a chore to keep visiting the dealers, I hadn’t really considered that. On a side note, as it is probably a fairly new build, I guess it won’t have the power tailgate.
Not sure what you mean by as its a fairly new build you guess it wont have the power tailgate .i thought they all had them ,i just checked the spec on the cupra website on the Formentor VZ2 TSI 4Drive Petrol 310 7-speed DSG that i ordered a week ago and it lists
  • Virtual pedal and electric tailgate

ninja_geezer

May 16, 2021
UK
Update: So I'm in the process of cancelling the original one, and hopefully going through Lookers for one they're getting this week without the derogation issues!

Only slight negative is it's in white, which isn't my first choice but a lot of the photos I've seen of them seem to look quite nice with the black wheels, black accents.

Does anyone here have one in white?
ive ordered white , i like white cars lol my last 3 have been ,goes great with the black nappa leather.

Agnes.Surrey

Nov 6, 2020
Surrey
Not sure what you mean by as its a fairly new build you guess it wont have the power tailgate .i thought they all had them ,i just checked the spec on the cupra website on the Formentor VZ2 TSI 4Drive Petrol 310 7-speed DSG that i ordered a week ago and it lists
  • Virtual pedal and electric tailgate
Lack of power tailgate refers to V2. It was removed from spec in January.

Zippycelt

May 19, 2021
Morning … bit disappointed with leading firm I used to Order …
Ordered through Nationwide leasing
End of March - Cupra Formentor 2.0 TSI 310 VZ2 DSG 4Drive . Was told it would be roughly end of May / June delivery which was fine as my current lease ended start of May so I thought that’s fine we can do with just one household car ( the wife’s ) for a few weeks gap .
Start of May I asked for update as the customer portal still just read latest update - on order .
approx date unavailable .
Emailed them and was told no update but will appear on portal when there is .
So yesterday I phoned and chap said he would look into it as I asked are we still looking at end of month / June . Especially after reading in here folk talking of massive delays .

he came back saying unfortunately due to popularity you aren’t even scheduled for a build week yet but dealership estimates around September time though this may change .
He said you never know it can be brought
Forward .
Bit I think we are looking October minimum to see the car .

bloody annoying - as I only got rid of current car 2 weeks ago , had they advised me I’d of kept that for another 4 months . And now annoyingly as my job is more and more needing to go back out to sites instead of fully working from home ( pandemic ) - I need to decide is it worth wait and struggling one car or as they’ve offered cancel for get something else ( though I’ve no idea what else to get - as I’d researched the hell out of this car last 6 months to get it …

ninja_geezer

May 16, 2021
UK
that's not good ,ive gone for a lease this time instead of pcp.i ordered a couple of weeks ago an was told early october .im having to car share as i sold my car earlier than planned as i got a fantastic offer for it .i do believe its all down to the semi conductor parts issue that is affecting nearly all manufacturers worldwide.the company i used leasing options told me that already have build slots booked ,whatever that means.its an awkuard situation but what can you do i may be in the same one as many others will be its a shame.

Apr 17, 2021
Slightly concerned that everyone is being told September or October...including myself...end of April order...mid September build.

Anyone else think the September answer is a placeholder??

Elsewhere on the news...VAG are just loosely quoting third/fourth quarter for improvement of supplies but the semiconductor fabs...are not giving in as they have filled their order books with others now.

Happy Christmas everyone!

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members