Lease/PCP advice

Sly870

Jan 10, 2021
Hello :)

I know I have seen a few topics like this (as well as asked on a few different threads) but just thought I'd start a new fresh one.

I currently drive a 06 Fiesta Zetec S, starting to show it's age (North of 110 000 miles) and I think it's time to move onto something else.

I bought the Mrs a brand new Fiesta Titanium last year on PCP. Put £2k of my own money down, dealer put £1500 down and the APR over 4 years is like 1.1% with the GFV of £4k to own it, I will do that once that time comes round. Now I need a car....

Coming from another country, the whole PCP/lease thing to me is quite new, I was always under the impression HP (as in deposit + monthly payments) is the way to go, is that still the same? Just looking for advice on which way people think is the best way to pay the least amount of "excess money".

I am probably going to look for a 2019+ Ibiza FR Sport or Xcellence, in DSG form, anything I need to look out for?

Of course, if anyone finds any deals, please let me know!

Lord_Brett_Sinclair

Dec 13, 2018
SEAT are currently offering 0% PCP on Ibiza and other models, so it's sometimes cheaper to buy new than arrange finance on a second hand car. Additionally they are offering a years free insurance and 2 services for £199.

Best thing to do is to use sites such as Drive the Deal, CARWOW and Coast2Coast to price a new car with discount and then search Autotrader for in stock cars in the same (or similar) spec and speak to the dealers to find out their very best price.

You might find less choice in available FR Sport and Xcellence trim as standard FR trim seems to be the preferred choice to stock.

Good luck with your search.

Also, remember that you are quite within your rights to pay off the PCP balance before your first payment and still keep the discounts / other sweeteners that came with the PCP option, though with % interest it's not really worth doing .

• Love
Reactions: Sly870

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
If you are not bothered by needing to give back the car at the end of a 2 or 3 year term, then lease is probably the cheapest way to get a new car, for the lowest amount of initial outlay. I had to go lease, as I don't have my own parking spot, and uncertain when the owner would want to space back, so leasing it is for me. For around 1.3k desposit and around £210+ ish, I managed previously to lease a mk5 facelift Seat Ibiza EcoTSI FR Tech (with all the bells and whistles) and subsequently a Volvo V40 Momentum Plus trim. More recently managed to lease an Audi A3 Sport for approximately the same price. The Ibiza even had a special 1 year free insurance at the time. Only drawback for lease is, you don't own the car, so...you cannot modify it, and you have to keep it in top top form when return, got student with a £248 return charge, for 2 small dents in doors, and a bumper scratch.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members