Purchasing lease car then selling to a dealer

Shackattack

Apr 12, 2021
Basically what it says on the tin.

I know in some instances VWFS will sell you the lease car at the end of a lease. I guess it's then my decision if favourable to sell back to the dealer.

Reason I ask I got a call from Seat Stockport who said I may have some options at the end of the term. I said to them it's a lease not a pcp and they said they'd still want to discuss hence the above scenario.

Has anyone else done this not necessarily with the formentor but other cars

H Rafiq

Jan 5, 2022
I bought a VW Polo from VW on PCP. VW then wanted the Polo back come upgrade time and to put me in another VW after paying a deposit. I decided to settle the finance instead, after about 1.5-2 years. Then I sold it to WBAC for a profit.

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
I bought a VW Polo from VW on PCP. VW then wanted the Polo back come upgrade time and to put me in another VW after paying a deposit. I decided to settle the finance instead, after about 1.5-2 years. Then I sold it to WBAC for a profit.
Hindsight’s a wonderful thing but WBAC have a reputation for lowball valuations, so you could‘ve probably made more profit if you’d used the likes of Motorway or Wizzle (now owned by Carwow) when you sold the Polo…..🤔

Shackattack

Apr 12, 2021
Hindsight’s a wonderful thing but WBAC have a reputation for lowball valuations, so you could‘ve probably made more profit if you’d used the likes of Motorway or Wizzle (now owned by Carwow) when you sold the Polo…..🤔

So after doing a little more research this morning I'm able to purchase the car from BCA, so slightly less appealing given they'll probably offer me a CAP price so to sell on would be less fruitful.

That said, I'm able to terminate with 0 fee which is encouraging, so might be able to get rid of the car earlier than expected

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise