Leather seats - small paint marks - how do I remove them?

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
Hey all,

For some unknown source, I've discovered some very slight marks on my drivers seat, which look like paint.

I have absolutely no idea how to remove them - there is even a small mark on my leather steering wheel.

I have tried the Gliptone leather cleaner/conditioner just for sh*ts n giggles, but obviously this didn't help. I also tried (and gave up very quickly as I wasn't happy using it) some white spirit but this didn't seem to do anything either.

So does anyone have any ideas how to remove paint from leather?

Thanks in advance folks!

Daffy

Detail Wizard
May 29, 2007
If you have used white spirit then I would make sure you feed the leather well as this will have trashed the oils within the leather. Which part of the seat are they on. The base where your ar$e goes and the back you rest against are the only real leather bits IIRC the rest is leatherette.
You could try some clay, aggresive stuff if the gliptone has not shifted it.

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
like I said above, the white spirit was literally a TINY amount on a cloth, which was very quickly wiped off as I wasn't happy using it - I had a feeling it'd ruin the leather, but wanted to try it on a small inconspicuous (sp?) area first.

There is 1 small 5mm mark on the steering wheel, and similar sized marks on the base and back where I sit. I can only assume I must have had some paint marks on my clothes when I sat in the car, and I didn't notice.

When you say clay, you mean claybar, right? Never thought of that?

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
Mate, that's a great find. Thanks.

We've got some olive oil, so that's something to try this weekend :)
Cheers

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.