Leaving Seat behind

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
No matter how much more flash your new GTI is, it won't look as good as your SC though...

Completely disagree, I had been a SEAT Owner/Enthusiast/Kind of employee for 11 years.

Golf GTI MK7/7.5 is one of the best looking hatches on the market especially the Clubsport/Clubsport S. For me the black thins at the front make it look very aggressive especially on white models.

First thing Cupra owners do/ I did was add a splitter to make the Cupra look "more aggressive"

Think the GTI and i30N do aggressive without going over the top AKA Type R.

Reactions: Lmbarrett83

'& Son' managed

Third Party
Mar 2, 2018
South Coast
Completely disagree, I had been a SEAT Owner/Enthusiast/Kind of employee for 11 years.

Golf GTI MK7/7.5 is one of the best looking hatches on the market especially the Clubsport/Clubsport S. For me the black thins at the front make it look very aggressive especially on white models.

First thing Cupra owners do/ I did was add a splitter to make the Cupra look "more aggressive"

Think the GTI and i30N do aggressive without going over the top AKA Type R.
You are of course entitled to disagree - and take a trip to Specsavers any time you choose...:)

SitdownandhaveaCupratea

Oct 14, 2018
You are of course entitled to disagree - and take a trip to Specsavers any time you choose...:)
The Golf GTI Mk7-7.5 is one of the best, if not the best looking hot hatches on the planet. It is a modern classic and critics and public consensus widely agree on this. The OP's new GTI is simply in another league to his older Leon.

BenH

Sep 16, 2016
Nottingham
Haha I wasn’t here to start a war! I loved my Seat but I do think ‘off the shelf’ the GTI looks much better, I also think it looks better than an R, the red stripe across the front and into the lights is much more aggressive than the R and Seat offerings and personally I prefer the 2 rounded exhausts to the Rs 4 and although I’ve always loved the cupra and wouldn’t rule out owning one in the future, whenever I see them about I have to take a few looks to distinguish between it and an FR, wolf in sheep’s clothing I know but I do think of the hot hatches on the market the GTI is one of if not the best designs inside and out as standard.

Views are naturally my opinions so everyone play nice haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

'& Son' managed

Third Party
Mar 2, 2018
South Coast
No war here, but it made me chuckle, (hence the smile) as to why someone would think that because they had been an owner/enthusiast of a certain brand for 11 years that it meant that their 'eyesight' - or more to the point their perception of style, was more worthy than someone else's.

It should be obvious that different people like the looks of different things, otherwise there wouldn't be the many different choices of hot hatch offered and sold by the car makers and we would all end-up driving the same style of car.

I will still think a Leon SC, although far from perfect is still a better looking car than most moderns, many of which are styling horrors IMO.
As it goes, I quite like the Golf Mk.7.5, although I don't think it's the best-looking VW of the current range, even if it's a GTI version.

Each to their own and all that, hope you enjoy your new car.

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
No war here, but it made me chuckle, (hence the smile) as to why someone would think that because they had been an owner/enthusiast of a certain brand for 11 years that it meant that their 'eyesight' - or more to the point their perception of style, was more worthy than someone else's.

Because. I have an obvious bias towards SEAT. That's what I was pointing out.

Brad8988

Oct 1, 2018
Even though I have just ordered a SC I definitely think the gti is a nicer more premium looking car.

BenH

Sep 16, 2016
Nottingham
I’ve been getting 39/40mpg on my 27 mile work run, I think the cupra would have been worse and the temptation of more power wouldn’t have helped matters!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.