Led headlights

Aparoon

Apr 5, 2014
Hi. I've had my mk3 leon fr 1.8tsi dsg for just over a week now, lovely car I'm made up with it other than it being a little slow after my impreza , but they're worlds apart ....

Anyway my question is regards the headlights , is there a way to get them to activate when you unlock the car , as supposed to them only coming on wen the ignition is turned on ?

Thanks in advance :)

Chris

Aparoon

Apr 5, 2014
Cheers mate. God knows whether I have them or not ?! But theydo not come on when I unlock the car and I can't see a option for it on the setup :-/

MikeFr

Mar 3, 2014
Auto lights come with convenience pack. Look at light switch it will have a setting for auto. If you have this you can set coming home feature through media system.

Ckpearce91

Feb 20, 2013
Milton Keynes
It would be under as Coming home/leaving lights I think. You can set it to how much time you want them on for. I have mine set at 30 seconds

Aparoon

Apr 5, 2014
Thanks ! I'll have a play with it in the morning ... I've found the coking home
Light setting and its on 30secs, assumed that was the interior lights etc

J888ohn

Apr 1, 2014
Falkirk
If you dont have the convenience pack then you don't have auto lights. I think the DLRs come on as soon as you put the key in. If you dont have auto lights the coming home lights will only work if you turn off the engine, leave the keys in and then flash the full beam. Kind of annoying but not nearly as annoying as it for my neighbours across the road who's house gets lit up like an Xmas tree.

Last edited:
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.