Led light upgrades

N77A

Nov 8, 2019
I’m wanting to get some led light bulbs for my side lights as the ones I have now are quite dull considering they are also my daytime running lights. Where can I get some long lasting ones that are canbus error free? I know there are quite a lot on ebay but a little mindful of the fact they are quite cheap which I guess suggest they don’t last long? Also I’m not gonna change the other bulbs like dipped beam as I hate how they are too bright and dazzle other drivers, will this be okay? Or do they all have to be changed to led?

Oct 6, 2019
You could have a look at ledperf.co.uk possibly Autobeam as well.. You just need to be mindful of the fittings, I previously had a Ford so it was easier on AB. But I'm presuming if you look at the VAG section you will find the correct fitment.

N77A

Nov 8, 2019
Found these on auto bulbs d:

But I’m unsure if these will fit my car according the fitments in the manual

682E1110-4275-4222-B6B5-7BFCFE39575B.jpeg

BoomerBoom

Jun 1, 2018
P21W is a totally different package and wattage to the 5W5 lamp you link. When retrofitting LED you also need to consider the available space - LED is usually bulkier/longer then the original lamp.

That site has several canbus P21W DRL lamps available, I'd suggest you first have a look inside the housing, to see how deep the lamp is set before choosing one.

N77A

Nov 8, 2019
Does anyone know if the footwell lights bulb is w5w? I’m looking to upgrade them to these blue ones. My number plate bulbs were w5w so is it likely it will be the same fitment?
1C239380-7316-488A-BCF5-14494C20D1B5.jpeg

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members