led rear lights

LiCkWiD

LiCkWiD EvOLuTiON
Nov 15, 2006
Essex
LED and Lexus lights are really not my cup of tea. Lexus lights were ruined totally by every bell-end and his best mate having a pair on whatever shite wagon they'd scraped together the benefits to pay for.

Raid look ok though :p

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
LED and Lexus lights are really not my cup of tea. Lexus lights were ruined totally by every bell-end and his best mate having a pair on whatever shite wagon they'd scraped together the benefits to pay for.

Raid look ok though :p

i know what you mean, but how you can say LED ones are not ur cup of tea i dont know! :blink:

you obvioulsy havnt seen the raid ones! ;)

but then i read ur last line... raid look ok lol :whistle:

raid.jpg

53400201.jpg

these pics dont do them justice... when the car is clean, they freshen the rear end up a lot... every time i see OEM leon rear lights i think they look really old and dated

but otherwise IMHO LED lights either look good/OEM style (which i think the raid ones do!) or they look crap and chav!

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
£220 Oh my god!

they were £150 18 months ago when I bought them.

yea i think i paid about £160 delivered... me and dan were literally the first two to get hold of a pair in the uk.

BUT THESE ARE DIFFERENT LIGHTS!!!! :rolleyes: (http://www.larkspeed.com/index.pl?p=SE12L61S&a=i)

Do a search for them, they have been disussed loads before.

I had them, the look $hit and work $hit

DO NOT BUY THEM!

look shite... thats ur opinion :)

but as for working shite, the only problem was the 3rd brake light in the spoiler would dimly light up (glow) when the lights were on.... this wasn't a bad problem as the spoiler brake light still got a hell of a lot brighter when you broke!

but anyway, a simple resistor sorts out this problem!

LEDs often have this effect on cars as they are much more efficient and require less power and thus some power often leaks to the spoiler brake light! (i have seen other cars with this problem, and i know you can get problems with LED indicators bulbs too, again a resistor sorts out this problem!)

Last edited:

Reg

Professional Detailer
Oct 10, 2005
Berkshire
Those raid ones don't look bad at all, not like an aftermarket tack on for the sake of it.

The ones in the first post though? Someone should hang for those!

LiCkWiD

LiCkWiD EvOLuTiON
Nov 15, 2006
Essex
I find Raid less... tacky? Ultra are one of the better lighting unit suppliers, admitedly... but I find too much chrome inside the unit off-putting. And Ultra are heavy on the chrome.

Your last line sums it up for me, if you can get a decent after-market LED unit that looks OEM.. then you're onto a winner. Stylish lighting without the after-thought look. Which is what Lexus lights fail to convey, 9 times out of 10.. imo.

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
Those raid ones don't look bad at all, not like an aftermarket tack on for the sake of it.

The ones in the first post though? Someone should hang for those!

... Your last line sums it up for me, if you can get a decent after-market LED unit that looks OEM.. then you're onto a winner. Stylish lighting without the after-thought look. Which is what Lexus lights fail to convey, 9 times out of 10.. imo.

agreed boys! :yes:

i honestly think my rear lights look 100% OEM... they really do, and the pics above don't do them justice! :( and like i said before, they "freshen up" the rear end no end! :yes:

il look for a better pic!...

slick

Bit of an animal
Mar 15, 2005
Essex
James where do you keep all these pictures of your car...I've seen so many now...:cartman:
You should have commission from SEAT, i think you could have sold them promotional pictures to them... :lol:

Only joking mate, lovely car.......lovely colour...:whistle:

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
James where do you keep all these pictures of your car...I've seen so many now...:cartman:
You should have commission from SEAT, i think you could have sold them promotional pictures to them... :lol:

Only joking mate, lovely car.......lovely colour...:whistle:

photobucket... i have sooo many on there... im half expecting an email asking to upgrade my account for a fee so i can get more space! :lol:

and lol i think your right m8! (commission from SEAT!) lol

and yes black cough eboney cough is the best colour here in the uk, but a white LCR is... :drool:

anyways more pics....

OEM..

oem.jpg

raid...

raid-1.jpg

as you can now maybe see the raid lights freshen the rear end up IMO with its crystal design etc, where as the more i look at the OEM rear lights the more i think of how dated they look! :( ;) :whistle:

Last edited:

RickC

BUILT NOT BOUGHT
Dec 23, 2004
Lincoln
They really suit your car rick what did you do to them? At night they look like the new leon rear LED lights.

thanks

they were chrome lexus ones, i removed the clear cover over them to make them 3D fillered it all in round the edge, then made some led rings from single LEDs, and fitted them behind the lense, the fog and brake light still work as normal,

yes do look like new leon ones but mine were made before the leon release

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.