LED sidelights that WORK

james.milroy

Mar 18, 2007
Sunny Saltcoats, Scotland
I'll get the other in tomorrow and see if there's any difference when its mounted horizontally. I'll have a drive about with my sidelights on to see if it throws a bulb out warning. All I can see onboard the module are 4 smd resistors (3 of these are big for SMD stuff) , an smd transistor , an smd capacitor and of course 2 1W leds. Haven't had a good look at the pcb but circuit looks simple enough. The transistor will be key here to being able to 'fool' the cecm into thinking the bulb is ok.

Mine have arrived this morning. Thanks for the photos James, I think I'll be happy with the colour and brightness although not looking forward to installing them as I remember you need very skinny hands to do it easily - my podgy digits don't help at all! ;)

Well, after picking up my car from the stealers - where it had its new Lambda sensor fitted this morning - I spent the rest of my lunch break fitting these newfangled LED sidelights. It wasn't as physically tricky accessing the bulb holders as I remembered, just a bit fiddly. Somehow I managed to drop one of the two existing 'blue glass' sidelights into the void though... whoops (so if I need to swap out my LEDs for whatever reason, my free gift will actually come in useful!).

The thing I didn't expect though was that the LEDs don't necessary light even when they're in the right way... I found I had to turn the car on and turn the headlights on before they would light the first time. Once they were working and mounted though, they both lit consistently when I turned the knob one stop - I didn't have to turn the key. Perhaps the odd behaviour was due to the canbus thingey I keep reading about - it seemed to 'reset' when I turned the car on? Anyway, they're in now and working well. It was bright sunlight for once outside, so I couldn't judge the brightness but they look much whiter than the blue bulbs that they replaced.

I'll keep you posted on whether I get any bulb warnings or ought. :)

james.milroy

Mar 18, 2007
Sunny Saltcoats, Scotland
I haven't put in the other module yet. Weather here today after work was miserable to say the least, windy and raining. I will get the other one in tomorrow (Friday) and will see whats what on Saturday. Can't see any there being problems with bulb monitor but we'll see.

Rob66

Apr 25, 2004
UK
Thanks for taking the trouble with the pics James they look really good, have to get myself some. ;)

Shrimp, thanks for info, have you got OE HIDs, as wondering how easy it is to change the sidelights on them- i havent attempted it yet.

Rob

singh123

Cupra
Mar 17, 2008
Mine arrived this morning, Put them in and they did not work... , Any tricks too this? Tryed them all ways round and nothing , Headlights on etc nothing.. gutted..

Yeah same here Alex put mine in and they didnt work, any ideas guys?

splatrat

Oct 5, 2008
stoke on trent
i got mine this morning and had the same problem :(

but persivere and they will play ball :)

i kept taking mine out, put standard one's back in and swapping sides until they started to work :D

Alex 17

No Smoke No Poke
Aug 17, 2008
Bedale - North yorkshire
i got mine this morning and had the same problem :(

but persivere and they will play ball :)

i kept taking mine out, put standard one's back in and swapping sides until they started to work :D

Good qualtiy then , Just gona get some piaa ones off a member on here at a later date, Ill have a play with them tomorrow but thats just stupid tbh.. tempted too go try now even though its 10 lol

Edit , Just been trying for 20 mins , Swapping blub changeing side etc.. .. Just no they dont work wont work and really rather annoying me.. ,Dont trust them further than i can throw them atm..

Last edited:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.