LEDPerf front centre lights constantly on

Cagwell

Jul 30, 2018
Hi all,

I decided to buy some interior Leds from LEDPerf and I've ran into some issues with the front centre ceiling lights that are listed as T10 w5w Leds.

The Leds have 5 smaller leds on the T10s and I've found after switching the car off and locking the doors that 2 of the leds are left constantly switched on in both lights.

Has anyone else had this issue? I was also given 5 resistors but I have no information as to where or how these are fitted?

Any help greatly appreciated!

black_sheep

Mar 10, 2013
Bone question - Have the map reading light switches been depressed during fitting? Or is the plastic trim removed to install bulbs flush i.e. not causing the map reading lights to be depressed.

Are they at full brightness or dimly lit? If dimly lit, then this sometimes occurs with LEDs that do not have resistors fitted; however, LED perf ones generally have a good reputation on the VAG boards. Some LEDs are polarity sensitive, have you tried taking out and reinstalling after spinning 180 degrees?

Reactions: Cagwell

Cagwell

Jul 30, 2018
Hi mate,

I emailed LEDPerf and they said it was residual current that was causing the lights to be dimly lit. Whilst driving they are dimly lit and when parked they still appear to be lit after several hours. I'd like to try the resistors but not entirely sure where to fit them?

I've also tried spinning them round which stops them from lighting at all. All switches are set to correct setting and set to light up when the door has been opened.

black_sheep

Mar 10, 2013

Festoon bulb, but similar installation principle.

I've had canbus error free bulbs in my 2013 car for years with no issues - I used the Fizzmo T10 and 36mm Festoons from memory via eBay; my friends and I tested loads of different LEDs on the Briskoda forum back in 2013/14 and these were some of the best Quality : Price ratio at the time. If you want peace of mind, then Osram and Philips are now in the LED market, but at a premium price point.

Reactions: Cagwell
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.