LED's

handyandy

HandyAndy
Oct 14, 2009
Crewe
Hi All,
I should be collecting my new Boca next week and wonder if anyone can help me?
It is Candy White and I have gone for the Bi-Xenon option.
I would like to change the DRL bulbs, and sidelight bulbs for LED's so they match the xenons colour. Has anyone done this and do they give bulb failure warnings without ballast resistors? Or does anyone know of any good ultrabright bulbs that would be suitable?
I have also just ordered the black Ibiza sill guards from Germany as I thought they would look better than the ally/stainless standard ones on my white car?

charnandy

Ibiza Guru
Aug 26, 2008
Hi mate,

I changed the DRL bulbs for white LED versions. Had no problems at all. A post from another forum...

Got a pair of 36 White LED 382 bulbs delivered today. These were to replace the original daylight driving lights that come with the xenon lamps. Basically the ones that are lit with the ignition on but no lights on...If that makes sense. Audi's have them but funky LED strips so i thought, why not the Ibiza's too?

Some before shots:

IMG_0153.jpg

IMG_0156.jpg

The new bulbs beside the old ones

IMG_0159.jpg

Side shot of the new bulb

IMG_0161.jpg

Top shot of the new bulb

IMG_0162.jpg

New bulbs in. Big difference in colour temp which cannot be justified by the camera

IMG_0164.jpg

IMG_0168.jpg

The standard sidelights (Want to swap these for LEDs too)

IMG_0170.jpg

IMG_0171.jpg

The xenons on main beam

IMG_0177.jpg

Not changed the indicators. Not sure if you'd need a resistor or not.

mardon

Feel the DIFFerence
Sep 22, 2008
A bean bag
That looks great! We need the exact make and model of those LED's as other people have fitted some and got the bulb warning light.

spikeydoo

not such a newbie
May 19, 2006
Somerset
did you not get any bulb errors? I thought that leds draw less current & this makes the canbus think the bub has gone?

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
I am loving the look of those DRL's!!!! Hmmmm i feel a quick order coming on here hehehehehehehehe

Dave217

Ibiza Mk 5 owner
Nov 2, 2009
Warrington
i swapped my sidelight bulbs for LEDs and got a warning light on the dash, i went for blue not realiseing they were bright blue, the white ones look really good though, may have to purchase a set

Sinan

Toronegra!
Dec 1, 2009
Turkey - Izmir
www.vagturk.net
The new bulbs beside the old ones

IMG_0159.jpg

Side shot of the new bulb

IMG_0161.jpg

Top shot of the new bulb

IMG_0162.jpg

New bulbs in. Big difference in colour temp which cannot be justified by the camera

IMG_0164.jpg

IMG_0168.jpg

The standard sidelights (Want to swap these for LEDs too)

IMG_0170.jpg

IMG_0171.jpg

The xenons on main beam

IMG_0177.jpg

Not changed the indicators. Not sure if you'd need a resistor or not.

looking very cool. I like them. :)

mardon

Feel the DIFFerence
Sep 22, 2008
A bean bag
Nope, got them from Ebay. £3.50 delivered from Hong Kong. Took ages to come but they look the same as the ones which haven’t been throwing up bulb errors. I’ll let you know how I get on with them. If they don’t last its not like I’m out of pocket a huge amount.

Dave 77

Dave ;)
Nov 13, 2009
Hertfordshire
Nope, got them from Ebay. £3.50 delivered from Hong Kong. Took ages to come but they look the same as the ones which haven’t been throwing up bulb errors. I’ll let you know how I get on with them. If they don’t last its not like I’m out of pocket a huge amount.

Ok sounds gd to me :)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.