Legojon's sensible & economical totally stock 1.6 Leon

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Looking tidy.

Cheers. I'm knackered now. It made me cry... when I started, the paintwork was like sandpaper. I don't think it's ever seen a coat of wax before!

Sharpy

This place has cost me a fortune....
Oct 2, 2018
Cheers. I'm knackered now. It made me cry... when I started, the paintwork was like sandpaper. I don't think it's ever seen a coat of wax before!

Nice! Deeply satisfying using tears to clean with lol.

I love claying cars, as they smooth out it feels like progress!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: louiskopite

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Nice! Deeply satisfying using tears to clean with lol.

I love claying cars, as they smooth out it feels like progress!

:lol: cheaper than Autofinesse. Yeah, when I finished, I couldn't resist running my hand over it... then chastised myself for getting fingerprints on it and had to do the area again!

One more for good luck:
tWZrAKS.jpg

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
More work done today (thanks weather for holding out for me!). Also, even though I had new tyres fitted the weekend. Checked all the pressures, and only one of them was correct! So lesson learnt there! Ordered new Pagid front pads and discs for a bargain (£62) from ECP!

Fuel filter (£16.49):
otXmYAF.jpg

BOKrzz3.jpg

Spark plugs:
81bjorh.jpg

CRAb6ZP.jpg

Headlights (Ring 150%):
YGpSy2n.jpg

MqFfDZx.jpg

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Interior work. Fitted google home mini! It's the future:
cqtyhsz.jpg

Interior LEDs:
A4JBlqj.jpg

HNStpJJ.jpg

Door lock switch was broken (thanks Mike @ Listers - for the part, not breaking the switch):

Bodge tabs to release switch:
w8hYcqK.jpg

Push down tab and pull to remove power connector:
KbBac6K.jpg

B9VH4WD.jpg

New switch fitted, and human skin cleaned off (ewwwwww):
A2hh5ag.jpg

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
So... from [:@] to :funk:.Who wants to guess what mood I'm in right now?
tIM2wAt.jpg

Sharpy

This place has cost me a fortune....
Oct 2, 2018
A really, really good one?

What the heck happened there, gutted mate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
A really, really good one?
What the heck happened there, gutted mate.

Yup! So... on the bright side, it's none of the above work. Brighter side it's not coolant or oil!! I have however just lost quarter of a tank of petrol in the engine bay (a fuel line blew off!?!?). So now the entire car stinks inside and out of petrol and most of the engine components are covered in petrol. I have yet to locate the burning smell, so there's that to look forward to. Too dark outside to see anything at the moment though.

Bedlam

Feb 26, 2009
North Yorkshire
Yup! So... on the bright side, it's none of the above work. Brighter side it's not coolant or oil!! I have however just lost quarter of a tank of petrol in the engine bay (a fuel line blew off!?!?). So now the entire car stinks inside and out of petrol and most of the engine components are covered in petrol. I have yet to locate the burning smell, so there's that to look forward to. Too dark outside to see anything at the moment though.
Viz Top Tip - Don"t use a candle

Reactions: Woody_72

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Viz Top Tip - Don"t use a candle
:lol:. Well, it's out on the driveway now and all I can smell is petrol coming from it. Both neighbours choose to smoke out the front. May be fireworks a day early.

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Hoping for some warmer weather tomorrow. New years resolution of no more buying car parts... starting... tomorrow!
sNubmZt.jpg

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Then spent the evening cleaning carpet. Forgot the after pic LOL.
e3MHoPJ.jpg

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Changed the boot bulb for a 42mm C10W White since it seems to spend more time open than closed.
l1QDaUi.jpg

Now just need to work out how to fit the rear wiper! It's nothing like the other MK2 wipers I've done.
Z8Fn9cv.png

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
So results are in. Filled up this morning and did some calculating as I don't have a trip computer. But strangely still have the annoying beep at 4 degrees. Ace.

22mpg out of the last tank.

Will keep an eye on the next tank bearing in mind I did lose a fair amount out it when the fuel line blew off. Oh and apparently the heater for the pre cat oxygen sensor is throwing a fault. But not the actual sensor.

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
hey, what do you use google home for in the car?

Pretty much everything. The included radio is really old, it has no aux in, no bluetooth, no sd card, no usb and an intermittent electrical fault that when it's on it resets the cars electrics every 15 minutes or so. So I looked at getting an xtrons unit, plus facia, plus wiring kit. So that'd cost me £250ish. But then the 2006 needs the canbus upgrading which could be up to another £100. And it working seems to be a dark art. So for the moment, google home mini provides all the entertainment, chats and handsfree calling.

kanyewest

Oct 4, 2018
NW
Pretty much everything. The included radio is really old, it has no aux in, no bluetooth, no sd card, no usb and an intermittent electrical fault that when it's on it resets the cars electrics every 15 minutes or so. So I looked at getting an xtrons unit, plus facia, plus wiring kit. So that'd cost me £250ish. But then the 2006 needs the canbus upgrading which could be up to another £100. And it working seems to be a dark art. So for the moment, google home mini provides all the entertainment, chats and handsfree calling.
you guys are so creative and resourceful! do you think youll stick with google home or will you eventually get the xtrons unit?

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
you guys are so creative and resourceful! do you think youll stick with google home or will you eventually get the xtrons unit?

Haha, it was the cheapskate option. Trouble is, I'd want the xtrons unit in the Cupra. Then move the RNS315 across to Sealion2. So it's quite a chore of facia's and wiring. Maybe when it comes round to summer I'll feel differently when all the windows are down and I'm cruising the streets in it.

Reactions: kanyewest
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.