Legojon's sensible & economical totally stock 1.6 Leon

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
I got 410 miles out of mine with 300 motorway and the rest town...

You must have alot of hills

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Im not sure id be much help, even driving hard i get 500miles to a tank! lol.

:rolleyes:. I'll start with a new lambda sensor and see if that helps. Twice the cars, twice the spending woo!

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
So keeping in mind the Lambda sensor is throwing a "heater" error. Which I'm assuming only effects mpg whilst waiting for the thermostat to open. I've filled up both Sealions. SL1 (Cupra) covered 177 miles and needed £48.50 to fill back up. SL2 (this one) covered 262 miles and cost £38 to fill back up (averaging 37mpg motorway / country roads). Both were full of course before the test. So I think a success!!

Reactions: MATT RILEY

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
I've made a short test for those of you following my Sealion 2 build.

Q1 - your driving a truck, the lights are on red and it'll be at least 30 seconds before they change to green. Do you A: Waste 30 seconds of your life waiting. B: Ram the black leon out the way for being stupid enough to stop for a traffic light?

El8qAcA.png

Q2 - How pleased am I?
:D:(:mad:

Q3 - The lorry driver has admitted 100% fault (note to all - dashcam!). Are his insurance going to write my Leon off?

Leeoncupra

Feb 12, 2017
Halesowen
Id just take the payout , buy it back of the insurance and boot the bumper back on and carry on as before lol

Its a daily afterall it dont matter if it's beat up thats its job to protect the cupra r from such events

leon mk1 cupra

Leeoncupra

Feb 12, 2017
Halesowen
I have alot of lorry drivers who work for the water company i work for driving the water tankers for us

If they damage a car on the road if its less than around 2k they just pay the drivers off in cash as its cheaper than them claiming

If you have his details word it correctly to advise you will accept a cash settlement and repair it yourself

Take the cash....boot the bumper back on and buy your cupra r a tte420 lol

leon mk1 cupra

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Q1- B
Q2 - :mad:
Q3 - Yes

Rubbish day for you I see... How's the neck?

I must admit dashcams seem to be the way forward these days, like @Leeoncupra said its what it's there for... To get damage and you not care... If that was SL1 there would of been people in hospital I think lol happy you're ok

Reactions: Leeoncupra

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
TBH, since I've spent around £700 on it in the last 6 weeks... I'm going to be fighting for that on top of the price I paid for the car. Yeah, SL1 I'd have been really p!ssed off. I had considered taking the cash and buying it back. But then won't I get stung insuring a Cat xxx car?

Leeoncupra

Feb 12, 2017
Halesowen
TBH, since I've spent around £700 on it in the last 6 weeks... I'm going to be fighting for that on top of the price I paid for the car. Yeah, SL1 I'd have been really p!ssed off. I had considered taking the cash and buying it back. But then won't I get stung insuring a Cat xxx car?
Yeah it would be cat n but if youve spent 700.on it wouldnt you drive it into the ground anyway if it was cat or not aslong as it starts and drives it wouldnt change anything for you pal

Id understand the frustration but in reality its a work horse for you so give it a pat on the back for taking on a lorry with pride

leon mk1 cupra

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Id understand the frustration but in reality its a work horse for you so give it a pat on the back for taking on a lorry with pride

The main frustration is, the lorry drivers just shrugged it off like its par for the course. All for 30 seconds of being patient. Apparently his third accident this year already.

Q1- B
Q2 - :mad:
Q3 - Yes

Oh and, yeah you win! Those were the right answers!

Leeoncupra

Feb 12, 2017
Halesowen
The main frustration is, the lorry drivers just shrugged it off like its par for the course. All for 30 seconds of being patient. Apparently his third accident this year already.

Oh and, yeah you win! Those were the right answers!
It makes no difference to them unfortunately mate some of them are massive pricks in general

Just get all you can out the company

If they have a twitter account shame them on it to get negative publicity , they'll pay you off

leon mk1 cupra

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
If they have a twitter account shame them on it to get negative publicity , they'll pay you off

:thumbup:. I like that idea. Will give them the benefit of the doubt for the moment as his insurance actually seems really nice. Yeah, I know Darth Vader was also nice at first. :starwars:

Going to get a quote for it tomorrow, present them with the quote and see what they say.

Sharpy

This place has cost me a fortune....
Oct 2, 2018
Well *hit, that’s annoying.

The only thing I’d say about not going through insurance is that if they do repair it and you’re not happy with the repair it’s tough luck.

I used to always think cash settlements were best but now I’ve gone the other way.

Whatever happens don’t accept the first offer as it’s always low.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Leeoncupra

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
So... been to the body shop today and got a really reasonable quote. I'd be really annoyed if the insurance don't accept it. I forgot one of the other benefits of SL2 is how cheap the replacement parts are! But I have a couple of options I've worked out with the body shop depending on how much trouble I have pushing the bill through. Don't want to seem optimistic as hope leads to disappointment. But SL2 should be back on the road soon.

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Oh... and does anyone know if this needs to be glued and resealed? The lights come apart into three pieces. The middle section has clipped back in, but I can't believe the outer lense just clips on. It's in undamaged pieces though. Can I save it?
khWzB9s.jpg

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Sick of blanking your reg plate for forum pictures? Here's a solution!

Seriously, wind took the rest of the bumper off last night and broke the other tail light beyond repair. After 3 weeks sitting on my driveway I've emailed the director of the accident management company a few of my thoughts, which he's passed on to my claims advisor.

iZwjOjl.jpg

Reactions: kanyewest
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members