Leon 1.5 EcoTSI Xcellence Dsg Shifting Transitions

Aug 10, 2023
Hello everyone.
First of all, i am sorry for my language. English is not my native language. Therefore, I am not good at technical equivalents of the words.

My vehicle is 1.5 EcoTSI DSG. I previously had a 2011 model seat ibiza dsg.

My only observation about the Dsg gearbox is that it is my old vehicle, so I compare new one with the old one to see if some things are normal.

The shifts from 1 to 2 and from 2' to 3 are changing at relatively high revs. I especially experience this when shifting from 1 to 2.

When shifting to higher gears, it usually upshifts below 2000 rpm or even around 1800 rpm, while from 1 to 2 it shifts around 2200, sometimes it even gets quite higher shifts such as around 2500. (No incline/slope)

I also did this process called Dsg reset, but there was no difference. The mileage of the vehicle is low (56k km) and I experience this situation on flat roads, not on hills. Since it shifts late, it screams slightly (not sure this expression is right) and I feel it in the pedal. There is no misfire or shaking, but it is annoying.

This situation doesn't feel normal because in my old ibiza, i couldn't even feel the shift from 1 to 2. It makes me wonder if this vehicle has a different transmission range than 1.0 TSI and 1.2 TSI because of its high torque value (175Nm-250Nm), but it still feels like it's not normal.

It bothers me, to be honest. Having a transmission problem scares me. Right now, with current exchange rates, fixing dsg costs really too high.

Briefly, is it normal. Do you face same situation?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.