Leon 1.8 20VT 2004 42K Km (26K mi)

Dec 22, 2019
Hi all,

I'm new in the forum and looking for your expert advice.

I'm in the market for a MK1 Leon 1.8T
Obviously my first choice is a CupraR but on my search I found this:

2004 Leon 1.8 20VT 180 PS with only 42,000 Km (26,200 mi)

view

My concern is that if we do the math, it only had run 250 Km per month. I have not seen the car yet in person but surely It will be in like new condition.

They (used car dealer, not a SEAT concecionary, not the owner) are asking £3,690.

To be honest, I'm a little afraid of that extremely low odometer.

I used to have a VAG workshop, lot of experience on Skoda and VW in general, have my own VCDS Vag Com and a good ear for engines and turbos.

But I want your opinion on this.

Thanks in advance and hopefully will join you here at the forum soon.

Rattsan

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
Ill expand some,
Most 20vt,s are only going for about a grand at present.
Your 3600 should find you an R with either decent stage 2 mods and 75-90k or pretty low mileage with less mods. In good shape.
It’s a timing thing tbh. If you can wait there are LCR’s out there for what you want to pay.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Dec 22, 2019
Ill expand some,
Most 20vt,s are only going for about a grand at present.
Your 3600 should find you an R with either decent stage 2 mods and 75-90k or pretty low mileage with less mods. In good shape.
It’s a timing thing tbh. If you can wait there are LCR’s out there for what you want to pay.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I know :(

First thing to consider is that the owner is not getting much more than £3,000 (probably).

Talking about market, I'm in Central America and units imported here are limited.

It have sunroof, leather seats, climatronic.

Just to put you in perspective, they are asking £3,200 for a 2006 Skoda Octavia Elegance 1.6 manual.

20VT_AUQ

Roar
Dec 5, 2019
20VTs are awesome. I paid € 4,000 for mine this summer. That is around £ 3,400

Make sure it is in good condition and the kilometers are true.

Also it depends on your country. They say used cars are cheaper in northern Europe than in Spain or South America.

Dec 22, 2019
20VTs are awesome. I paid € 4,000 for mine this summer. That is around £ 3,400

Make sure it is in good condition and the kilometers are true.

Also it depends on your country. They say used cars are cheaper in northern Europe than in Spain or South America.

I have checked prices in Spain and are very similar to the ones here...

One will always try to pay the less... But my real concern is about

The little use the car have 42,000 Km in 15 years is ridiculous

I'm assuming short rides with no time to fully warm the motor, no care about the turbo, maybe I'm exaggerating but that is the kind of opinions I want to hear from you guys.

20VT_AUQ

Roar
Dec 5, 2019
One never knows with used cars LOL.

Make "innocent" questions to the owner to guess if he warms the car before running, pretend you are a newbie haha.

I have a 2005 Peugeot 307 which only is 60,000km and 90% of those are 76km long trips to my village.

bigT's lcr

Delete. Beat. Repeat...
Feb 27, 2016
Leeds
Wow. Seems like the uk market SERIOUSLY under values our leons. I paid 2300 for my lcr with 96 on the clock

bigT's lcr

Delete. Beat. Repeat...
Feb 27, 2016
Leeds
I know :(

First thing to consider is that the owner is not getting much more than £3,000 (probably).

Talking about market, I'm in Central America and units imported here are limited.

It have sunroof, leather seats, climatronic.

Just to put you in perspective, they are asking £3,200 for a 2006 Skoda Octavia Elegance 1.6 manual.
Which country are you fron mate?