Leon 150 FR 2005,Need to know best place for a remap around Wales or West of England

gp200sx

Hi,i am wanting a remap for my 150 fr 2005 and need to know a couple of things.
1.Who are the best at remapping the leons and have most experience?
2.I s there anywere around Wales or the west side of England?
3.What kind of cost are you talking about for a remap and are there diiferent stages of tune for the tdi?.
4.Or are there any places i should avoid like the plague??
5.Also are there any other engine mods(airfilters etc)that can be done to increase power on the tdi to be used in conjunction with a remap??
Any info would be greatly appriciated and sorry for all the questions.
Many thanks in advance.:)

Last edited by a moderator:

gp200sx

Many thanks for the info guys.what type of tuneing did you go for?Just a ecu remap?
How much did that set you back and did you do any other bits aswell as the remap.Thanks again:)

Cupraboy4

CUPRA TDi
Mar 20, 2006
WEST MIDS
hey, think it cost about £250 just over a year ago, it was just a bog standard remap, the only thing i will need is a beefed up clutch because the amount of torque it has now is making the clutch slip under very heavy acceleration from low rev's...

ramzy_86

Oct 13, 2007
3.What kind of cost are you talking about for a remap and are there diiferent stages of tune for the tdi?.
5.Also are there any other engine mods(airfilters etc)that can be done to increase power on the tdi to be used in conjunction with a remap??

P-TORQUE,you will not go wrong,very competitive rates and hes in wolverhampton!Done both 20vt and tdi and very impressed with both!

rallynut

Dec 25, 2008

where abouts in wales you living mate?

gp200sx

Many thanks for that guys,i will give them a ring and see what they say,is there number on here??
Also i am based in a place called Cardigan in west wales if that helps atall,not a million miles away from Carmarthen and Aberystwyth,kinda inbetwwen.Thanks

jasonhanson88

i live in monmouth, right on the border and i think the closest place is badger5 in gloucster, dont know anyone as far west as you. I have no experience dealing with badger5 (think his names Bill) but i know he comes very highly reccommended by everyone who has dealt with him on this forum. hes one of the sponsers on the forum, look under the sponsers section, and i know from his website he does both revo and custom code remaps.

besides, it'll be a nice drive home if you take the right roads!

gp200sx

Rung P-torque after work tonight,car booked in for saturday.they have a January offer on at moment for full stage 1 and before and after rolling road test,diagnostic check and road test for 260 pounds,also he said he would fit a pipercross panel filter for 30 quid instead of rrp of 40quid.Let you all know how it goes.
Thanks again for the info:)

S3 AKR

livin' the dream!!!
Jun 30, 2004
Colchester, Essex
Do your research around the clutch though as it will start to slip (and it could be fairly quickly) at some point following a remap. Mine was OK for the first 15-20k miles (car was Revo'd at 5k, clutch plate replaced at 28k and now needs another one ASAP plus DMF at 75k). Still worth it though mate - its excellent!

Exhaust and filter worth changing - std air intake is good on the PD150 but you could try an induction kit of somesort but I don't think it makes a huge difference. I noticed my exhaust has freed up a few horses (cat back system) with the Green panel filter. Use Shell V-Power (or Millers SP4 additives) too!

DannyC87

Rubbing is Racing :-)
Mar 4, 2008
Rung P-torque after work tonight,car booked in for saturday.they have a January offer on at moment for full stage 1 and before and after rolling road test,diagnostic check and road test for 260 pounds,also he said he would fit a pipercross panel filter for 30 quid instead of rrp of 40quid.Let you all know how it goes.
Thanks again for the info:)

Will @ P-torque is a good guy, he'll sort you out :)

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members