Leon 2015 model year changes

dimucci`

Confirmed to me by Seat UK:

Standard equipment-
-FR versions with DSG transmission will now have steering wheel gearshift paddles as standard
-Black Pack (SE and FR only): includes black wrapped roof and black door mirrors (£375 RRP). Not available on Leon ST or with
Phantom black paint

-Sports Styling Pack (SE and FR only): formerly a Dealer-fit option, the pack includes sports styled front bumper, rear bumper
with diffuser, body coloured side skirts, rear spoiler and dual exhaust pipes (£2,750 RRP)

-Dynamic pack (FR trim only; standard on Cupra): includes Dynamic Chassis Control (DCC), progressive steering and Media System
Plus (£1,300 RRP) DCC is an active suspension damping system, constantly monitoring the road surface and adapting the suspension
dampers to deliver the best ride. This system can also be configured by the driver to either ‘Sport’ or ‘Comfort’ Progressive
steering varies the driver’s steering wheel input, based on the vehicle’s speed – this leads to a more responsive steering feel
at all speeds

-Engines The 1.2 TSI 105PS and 1.4 140PS engines are discontinued and replaced with EU6 compliant alternatives. The rest of the
engine range is already EU6 compliant The 1.2 TSI 105PS is uprated to 110PS and will continue to be available in the S and SE
versions. The CO2, 0-62mph and combined fuel consumption figures are all unchanged The 1.4 TSI 140PS engine currently available
on both the SE and FR trims will be discontinued and replaced as below: Leon SE: new 1.4 TSI 125 PS Leon FR: new 1.4 TSI 150PS
ACT (active cylinder shutdown technology)

From this week's build (22).

Zix

Mar 31, 2014
There was some gossip that ther steering wheel in FR will be thicker. That would be nice.

TimothyS

My ST FR Dsg arrived yesterday and I already have the dynamic pack. Is it country related maybe, because it was available from the beginning in Belgium?

-=Rob=-

Beer or Car?
Dec 14, 2002
South West
Visit site
There was some gossip that ther steering wheel in FR will be thicker. That would be nice.

That's is there now, not sure exactly when it changed by a friend of mine has had an FR delivered in the last month and the steering wheel is fatter than the ones I've seen in the showroom...

Hugo Nebula

Dec 7, 2007
Manchester
Why?

I've owned a version without & 2 with; with, it's easy to drop a gear or two at roundabouts or to overtake with a flick of the left hand and to return it to D with a press and hold with the right, but without, I had to move the gearstick to M and use the lever up and down. Much more faffing around.

Where it's an option, it's definitely worth specifying.

marjohn56

May 31, 2014
London
Hi, I am new to the forum and a new owner (soon to be). I have just ordered ( yesterday - through a broker) a 1.4 FR.

Does this mean it will be supplied with the new ACT engine, as the price I have got is for the older 140ps engine. Delivery is quoted as late July.

Any ideas?

TimothyS

Why?

I've owned a version without & 2 with; with, it's easy to drop a gear or two at roundabouts or to overtake with a flick of the left hand and to return it to D with a press and hold with the right, but without, I had to move the gearstick to M and use the lever up and down. Much more faffing around.

Where it's an option, it's definitely worth specifying.

I've never driven a car with paddles and never had a car of my own that was an auto, only occasionly driven one. Didn't even know about the press and hold function.. So perhaps you're right, time will tell :)

Richie1985

Nov 21, 2010
Darlington
Hmm, does the ACT apply to all engines or just the 1.2 and 1.4 stated above?
Also, I ordered the kit as an optional extra which now looks to be included as standard when my car will be built :-/

marjohn56

May 31, 2014
London
Hmm, does the ACT apply to all engines or just the 1.2 and 1.4 stated above?
Also, I ordered the kit as an optional extra which now looks to be included as standard when my car will be built :-/

According to the Spanish website, there are three possible engines for the petrol FR, two 1.4's and a 1.8.

There is a 1.4 125ps and a 150ps ACT, only the 1.4 150ps has ACT. Along with the 1.8 this engine also has the DSG option, but not the 125ps.

My broker confirms I will get the 150ps version.

dimucci`

It seems that the under seat bins are missing on recent cars. Does anyone know if this is across all models (we are waiting on an FR)?

matt jackson

one on the driver side is still there got mine in april fr 184