Leon Alloy Wheel Thread

Supersun

Feb 10, 2016
I'm looking for a bit of inspiration please guys! this is my first post so be gentle haha.

I have a Red Leon FR 2014 with the standard factory fitted 17" alloys on and have been wanting to change them since purchasing the car.

What alloys do people have on their Leons? Any sites you could recommend?

Any advice/photos would be great! Thanks [B)]

Andy90

Jul 30, 2013
I currently have the 18inch alloys sprayed black with a rainbow flaked lacquer but it's really hard to get it to show in a photo. Just looks like silver specks.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

ladasik

Jun 25, 2016
Cork, Ireland
I'll be plati dipping mine red tomorrow...if u want to change your wheel colour get plasti dip , at least if ur not happy u can remove it like vinyl wrap :)

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Andy90

Jul 30, 2013
I'll be plati dipping mine red tomorrow...if u want to change your wheel colour get plasti dip , at least if ur not happy u can remove it like vinyl wrap :)

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
Do you just use the normal spray cans of plasti dip for the wheels? If so how many cans would you need? Thinking of going gold on mine and would be easier and cheaper this way than getting them sprayed.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

samkv

May 19, 2016
Odessa(Ukraine)
Hi all)

Does anybody knows 17'' wheels sizes which are acceptable for x-perience?
I mean width (7 or 7.5) and ET.

The original is 17'' 7'' ET42 with 205/55 tires on it.

But as i found info the 18'' wheels are 7.5'' et 45. And I can see the other wheel for leon, but not x-perience have et up to 51

I want to buy wheel for the winter tires, and I in doubt if I can buy wheels with 17'' 7-7.5'' et42-et51, or I have to use only original size 17'' 7'' ET 42

thanks for any advise.

veno

Feb 9, 2016
Sofia, Bulgaria
www.bulforum.com
Hi samkv,

Try to buy as close as possible. There is online calculator where you can check the size to the original like - http://www.willtheyfit.com/

For me, since I had already bought 18" winter tyres, I bought Autec Skandics 18x7.5J ET42 - 3mm difference in the offset to the original. If I didn't have bought already the tyres last winter, I would have gone for the 17" which are 7.0J ET40. I think the original ET51 Seat wheels for the standart leon will go too much inside the wheel arch and won't be good looking on the Leon XP due to the added decorative plasting on the wheel archs, though it should work.

For the 17" if you plan to go on the standard tyres 205/55/17 go with 7.0J rim, if you plan to put non-standard for the model tyres like 225/50/17 you can buy 17x7.5J

Here is mine:

2016_10_16_16_48_58.jpg

Honestly, I would prefer the colour a little bit more grey, but for the price paid they are pretty good enough. Also they have both ABE and TUV certificates and are Made in Germany.

Last edited:

CupraUK

Pushing on
Aug 15, 2005
Bedfordshire
I thought about buying those, putting winter tyres on and keeping the other tyres as spares as I have those wheels. too far away for me though

Curtly

Jun 5, 2015
Essex
Just a heads up guys that I can supply brand new genuine seat 19" multispoke off of the cupra 290 in orange or black for £300 each if anyone's keen?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.