Leon and Spotify

Sep 21, 2014
When I first got my car I connected my phone and as soon as I pushed the media button, it would start playing spotify from my phone. Fantastic.

Then my phone broke so I connected another phone and I would have to manually open Spotify on the phone to make it play. Not fantastic.

Now I got my old phone back and connected it again. I still have to open spotify before I can listen, otherwise it opens the stock music player on the phone and starts playing all sorts of pre-loaded sounds. I'm not sure if it's a setting on the phone or a setting on the car. I turn the (android btw) phone off each night so the stock music app is never even open other than when it connects.

Does anyone else use Spotify and have this problem? It's brilliant having a car that connects to the phone whichever pocket it's in, but it's no good if I have to get the phone out to open Spotify first!!

Odd how it used to work, but now doesn't?

Any ideas?!

terryt

Aug 16, 2013
You probably have to make Spotify the default music app. Go to settings, app, select the current default music app and press clear defaults. When you play a music file from a file explorer it should prompt which app to open those files and make it default. If it doesn't you will have to uninstall or disable all other music apps.

Benjiman

Sep 20, 2014
Bristol
Similar issues. On a 'cold' start, it will play music from my music folder, and load track info. I can then open Spotify, and it works fine, with track metadata displayed too. If I then leave & go back to car, it'll open spotify, but does not transmit metadata, so track detail is blank on Leon screen. I can faff on the phone opening & shutting things to fix it, but there has to be a more elegant solution.

larrychips

Cupra 280 SC DSG
Nov 16, 2014
Similar issues. On a 'cold' start, it will play music from my music folder, and load track info. I can then open Spotify, and it works fine, with track metadata displayed too. If I then leave & go back to car, it'll open spotify, but does not transmit metadata, so track detail is blank on Leon screen. I can faff on the phone opening & shutting things to fix it, but there has to be a more elegant solution.

Having similar issues...it defaults to playing random music stored on the phone, not Spotify...even though Spotify was the last played music source on the phone (iPhone 6). I'll try the advice posted earlier in this thread to make Spotify the default music player app, as 90% of my music is on there.

Something else that I have noticed happening occationally: It will start playing music like its on a telephone call. The car's display indicates that its on a phone call, and the music is playing in terrible (telephone) quality. The only way, it seems, to correct it is to disable Bluetooth on my phone, turn it on again and manually select "SEAT BT 1583" via the phones Bluetooth menu. Anyone else experianced this?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.