Leon Bump Strip Removal

Paint.sprayer

Be handy if you could get hold of a caramel wheel to take double sided off the car without damaging the paint work..!! Also lot easier then to put moldings back on..!!!

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
o! how do i get around that? complete bumper change? will it just pull off?

It will just pull off and you could remove the bolts behind it as there are others holding bumper on.

You could also fit the facelift bumpers as there smooth or you could just colour code the black trims.

nicksxjr

Revo....whiplash!
Jul 24, 2009
Somerset, taunton
Yeah ive thought of this but im one for originality so id rather play with the bumpers i have. i need some guide rails, its quite hard job to replace the bumpers is it not? i think i may just rub them down and colour code them like you say.

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
Yeah ive thought of this but im one for originality so id rather play with the bumpers i have. i need some guide rails, its quite hard job to replace the bumpers is it not? i think i may just rub them down and colour code them like you say.

Not hard to do really and yeah if you went facelift you'd need new guide rails, splash shield extensions, grilles etc.

I'm selling my old bumpers [same as yours] really cheap in for sale section if your interested? could modify them and still keep yours on car :)

3LL1077

Mr Plumb
May 28, 2009
Peterborough
Once the side skirts are removed, does the side literally look smooth? Or is some work needed?

Was thinking thats a very cheap way of smoothing the side of your Leon?

Paint.sprayer

You can prime them and rub them down..!!! That will make them smooth for painting..!!! But make sure you use a plastic primer adhesive first before priming..!! Prep is easy requires no more than scotch bite and then a clean off with panel wipe or white spirit if you don't have that..!! Then prime away..!! Hope maybe some of this helps..!!!

Paint.sprayer

I suppose doesn't seem big deal to me but if you have got the money then buy pre primed much easier..!!! But is a lot of money for the mouldings plus you've gotta pay to get them painted after to..!!!:think: