• Hey Guest👍👎 We're looking for reviews of your local CUPRA or SEAT Dealership - it's quick and easy to do: Leave a review now

DeeroTDI

Active Member
Mar 12, 2007
50
0
Hi guys

I have just bought myself a nice 52-reg (Jan '03) Leon TDI S. However, one problem with it is that the 6-disc CD changer fitted into the glovebox does not work.

I have the standard Aura head unit, and when pressing the Tape/CD button to switch to the changer, it tries to switch to the changer and can't play anything even with all 6 discs in the changer magazine (yes, they are the right way up).

Is it my changer or the head unit? Is there anything I can do? I've been looking at replacement CD changers on eBay and am not entirely convinced that they are worth the £70-80 they seem to be going for! Will any old changer fit? If I decide not to go with a CD changer is it easy enough to convert the glovebox back to normal?

Any help greatly appreciated.
 
Hi guys

I have just bought myself a nice 52-reg (Jan '03) Leon TDI S. However, one problem with it is that the 6-disc CD changer fitted into the glovebox does not work.

I have the standard Aura head unit, and when pressing the Tape/CD button to switch to the changer, it tries to switch to the changer and can't play anything even with all 6 discs in the changer magazine (yes, they are the right way up).

Is it my changer or the head unit? Is there anything I can do? I've been looking at replacement CD changers on eBay and am not entirely convinced that they are worth the £70-80 they seem to be going for! Will any old changer fit? If I decide not to go with a CD changer is it easy enough to convert the glovebox back to normal?

Any help greatly appreciated.

They are worth it if you intend on keeping it and not later on deciding to change the HU and add an iPod etc....
 
Did you buy it from a dealer or a private sale? If dealer, get it back to them as they should sort it for you.

I got it from Holdcroft Nissan in Stoke. They have no idea what they are doing, and still haven't sorted me out with the remote central locking key.
It was originally from Premier Seat in Leek, Staffordshire.
 
Will any old changer fit? If I decide not to go with a CD changer is it easy enough to convert the glovebox back to normal?

Depends what you mean by any old changer - any VW rectangular plug'd changer will work

Panasonic changers fit with the use of an (electrical) adapter so the headunit will talk to it

Sony and Kenwood changers don't fit, but you can get the same wiring adapters so that you could put a changer in the boot, say, and it would still work using the heaunit controls



Sadly, there's no normal glovebox, you either have a changer in the slot, or a nice little plastic tray ... you can't get a full-sized glovebox without finding one out of an Audi A3 and swapping the lot
 
Looks like I'm best bidding for a Seat/VW one on eBay then.

What's a good price?
Which model number do I need?
 
I've got a changer you can try if you like

It's the one out of the Toledo, so a proper SEAT one - if you plug it in and for whatever reason the system still doesn't work, just post it back and I'll send you a refund.


£80 with postage ??

email me if you're interested ... or post a few more times and PM me ;)