Leon Cupra (03) Throttle flat spot??

SimmoCupra

Greetings Chaps.

Must say, have been browsing info on this site since getting my Leon (about 3 weeks ago).

Have a question, it seems to be when cold. (but not exclusively) I get a throttle flat spot appear. It feels as if I have lifted off the throttle. If I accelerate through this its fine.

Although very intermittant, it only seems to be when driving at low speed, i.e 1st and 2nd gear..

Is this a throttle body issue? Air leak?, or coil pack type problem?

Anyone else experienced or remedied this?

Cheers

Simmo

Nov 29, 2007
Mansfield, Notts
Flat spots are very common on LC's and LCR's.

I got rid of most of mine by changing the DV and air filter, now I tend to only experience flat spots when the car is very cold at this time of the year (...so I let it tick over for a couple of mins) or when being lazy on the throttle in traffic.

A totally smooth engine is one of the things I miss about my Toyota Twin-Cam!

SimmoCupra

Cant really see how the Dump Valve would affect this? unless it was leaking?

Will investigate it anyhoo. But yeah, as you describe when its cold and I'm being lazy generally in traffic.

Cheers

SimmoCupra

Got me a Forge 007P on its way, and green panel filter to try too...

Will post on here once I've done the mods.

GREG_R84

Keep right on
Oct 3, 2007
Tamworth
Iv now got the same problem in 1st and 2nd on my LCR. Since i noticed it iv changed the maf and gone from a k & n pannel filter to a pipercross one and it still happens. Had the car in for a service yesterday and also had them clean and reset the throtle body and im still getting a flat spot. Not a big drama as its only when the car is very cold

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise