Leon cupra concerns

Mr_G

Oct 23, 2019
Does it have to be a Cupra? Quite a few of us here have the 190ps 2.0TSI and whilst not as quick is still perfectly capable of "making progress", also far less likely to go missing in the middle of the night as they look the same as any other MK3 Leon.

FR1

Apr 14, 2018
So had a test drive today. Such a great car, really comfortable in comfort mode and just a beast when not. Golf GTI test tomorrow for comparison

Mtailor

Aug 9, 2018
London
@FR1

I suppose the handling characteristics will be similar. But the difference in power is night and day.

interior work out equally on both cars, golf edges for me I some area’s, but I just can’t live with those tartan patterned seats.
Some Golf features are optional whereas standard on the Seat Leon. It does go both ways.

It will be a tough choice.
BTW - those conversations above are what I had with my family and friends when I was choosing between the two. Most of my friends are ‘Brand Whores’, so biased towards the ‘marquee’ brand. Funny thing is that what upset them the most was that I had much much more as standard than they got on their cars, and that got them to at least acknowledge the Seat Brand. Would they buy it? I still am
Unsure.

I say you have to go in with an open mind.

xyz

Feb 28, 2004
oxford
Visit site
@FR1

I suppose the handling characteristics will be similar. But the difference in power is night and day.

interior work out equally on both cars, golf edges for me I some area’s, but I just can’t live with those tartan patterned seats.
Some Golf features are optional whereas standard on the Seat Leon. It does go both ways.

It will be a tough choice.
BTW - those conversations above are what I had with my family and friends when I was choosing between the two. Most of my friends are ‘Brand Whores’, so biased towards the ‘marquee’ brand. Funny thing is that what upset them the most was that I had much much more as standard than they got on their cars, and that got them to at least acknowledge the Seat Brand. Would they buy it? I still am
Unsure.

I say you have to go in with an open mind.

I’ve had four Leons - all Cupras or Cupra Rs. Last one was a Cupra 280. Ended up in a Golf R. The 280 was faster cross country in the dry but my R beats it in the wet and snow. Interior on my Golf beats it too but it’s six and two threes really. Won’t be having another Golf though as the mk8 is shite in every way be it GTi or R and the R is now overpriced for what it is. The cutting of corners and cheap plastics hasn’t helped. There’s no gas strut on the bonnet anymore for example - it’s things like that which annoy me. So no more Golfs for me!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

FR1

Apr 14, 2018
Never got a chance to get in the GTI in the end, tbh I’ve always had my heart set on the cupra, it’s got everything I wanted tbh and feel like I’ve got an alright deal

Mtailor

Aug 9, 2018
London
Another thing to take into consideration - the Golf R and to some extent, are hugely popular, in vernacular terms, they are common as muck.

The Cupra is a bit rarer, there aren’t that many, not where I live.

I see 2-3 a month at best. Golfs I see 5-10 every day.

Reactions: FR1

FR1

Apr 14, 2018
Another thing to take into consideration - the Golf R and to some extent, are hugely popular, in vernacular terms, they are common as muck.

The Cupra is a bit rarer, there aren’t that many, not where I live.

I see 2-3 a month at best. Golfs I see 5-10 every day.

this is something I already took into consideration. However i noticed someone in the next road to me has one lol

FR1

Apr 14, 2018
On later models the KESSY can be disabled by touching the driver’s door handle just after locking the car with the fob.
Thanks I ended up getting a lux as it worked out £3 a month more which I think was worth it as will have mlre
Value in it at the end of the term. Picking it up Sunday and can’t wait

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.