Leon Cupra or R what MPG should i expect??

Richard123

Rickys LCR 225
Feb 4, 2013
Ayrshire,Scotland
John that was very detailed thanks for that. Id be sorting a stage 1.

Seen an FR 1.8 near by 2005 I'm liking. Would love an R but finding one with the right mileage and maintenance is hard work. May have to wait a few months for one to pop up near by

Thanks everyone

It would be well worth the wait over a fr I would say, keep looking for a good one one will turn up..

cwp93

Oct 9, 2013
my friend sees 28mpg around town 39mpg on a run, he does have a very aggressive map though!

D1andonlyantman

Dec 5, 2013
It would be well worth the wait over a fr I would say, keep looking for a good one one will turn up..

I had to drive 2 hours each way for mine but am so glad I did. Compared to my golf gti 180 this is a whole other level. The power delivery is awesome. I'm very excited about getting it mapped :)

CooptoCupra

Mar 2, 2013
Leicestershire
I'd say hold out and get an LCR. But then again i am biased!
I average approx 330 - 340 per fill up. Mostly town driving though and short journeys so I'm happy with that. Best I've had is around the top end of the 300's which included a run up to york and back. I've read on here that there is a huge mpg difference between driving around at 60 than 70.
End of the day I have a car with 225 bhp so mpg isn't too much of a concern tbh. Still surprised with what I've got from it though :)

Mark D

Apr 5, 2013
Leicester
Defo getting a cupra R now just keeping an eye out over the next 3 months.

Hoping spring brings a few more up for sale. Went to see a red LCR but the actual condition wasn't worth the 4k they wanted.

Defo LCR stock in Red as always wanted a red or grey car. Got a grey time for red.

Richard123

Rickys LCR 225
Feb 4, 2013
Ayrshire,Scotland
Good choice,you wont be disappointed. I wouldnt buy a car just cos i like the colour ,I would have a good one over my colour preferance.thats just my opinion tho.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Mark D

Apr 5, 2013
Leicester
Well tbh I would take another colour for better condition as have to have my cars perfect plus work on these engines in the vrs loads so know the common faults to look out for and get a cheaper price

BryanWalker

Jan 13, 2014
I have a 2003 LCR stage 1 and around town the instant mpg says around 30ish but On the average reading I get 15mpg!

So to be honest I take no notice. No point buying one if you are going to watch the mpg gauge.

Last edited:

Mark D

Apr 5, 2013
Leicester
Hey all, decided to splash a bit more. Now looking at the newer leon FR 2.0T 200bhp
Doing a lot more mechanical work on the TFSI engines and loving the advancement on engineering compared to the 1.8T.

Plus they average more mpg!

andycupra

status subject to change
It surprised me how good it is on fuel really,round town not great but I can live with that,
Plus puts that big smile on your face when the time is right:D
With your knowledge and skills it makes sense ,,,,,

how many miles do you get to a tank though?

you need to be doing 360+ just to get 30mpg and from what i've seen most people get some way short of 300. 27mpg seems typical.

you can get 400 driving sensibly but its not that easy, - of course depends on your driving.
I managed 500 miles once but that took some considerable effort.

andycupra

status subject to change
I have a 2003 LCR stage 1 and around town the instant mpg says around 30ish but On the average reading I get 15mpg!

So to be honest I take no notice. No point buying one if you are going to watch the mpg gauge.

average and instantaneous are completely different bit of info.
One is the average overall, including warming up, sitting in traffic getting zero mpg the other you are looking at when on the move will be higher.

Last edited:

Paul80

Jan 17, 2014
I've had my Lcr for about 2 months and I've been driving on A roads and B roads, I've been averaging about 34 mpg.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

wildrides

Dec 27, 2013
I get 37 - 38 on a moterway cruise control at indicated 80 ( true 77 )

32 mixed A road with a bit of town thrown in

Ragging it for fun 21

Track day 14 - 15

all on shell posh fuel ( something max .......... what ever )

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.