Leon Cupra or R what MPG should i expect??

joshy514

Fleet Air Arm by ability.
Mar 2, 2012
Gloucester
www.seatcupra.net
Currently averaging 36.9 112 miles into a 220 mile journey, just stopped for a cigarette as I don't smoke in the LCR! I'll say what I get when I finish but I'm now on the a30 which is full of hills so I expect it will end up about 35.

Sent from my iPhone

pugaudio

i've found around 36-37 mpg if driven diligently, But as soon as you put your foot down the petrol seems to disappear

Mark D

Apr 5, 2013
Leicester
By the time you have paid the premium price for diesel the difference isn't as big as you would think.
Plus the lack of power compared to the 225bhp standard. Plus you have that noise that doesn't sound as tasty as a petrol turbo. Plus that tasty body kit and alloys. Plus that black smoke pouring out.

Petrol all the way!

Oakley.

Dec 2, 2012
The worst I've seen out of mine so far has been 33 miles to 1/4 of a tank. Roughly £20, but usually see Round 70 miles to 1/4 of a tank around town! Can't really comment on motorway driving.

Lew

Boost!
Nov 20, 2013
I can get just over 30 Mpg on long motorway trips and that's with my AFR being a bit all over the place at the minute, because I haven't got my injectors mapped in properly yet.

But tbh I wouldn't buy a Cupra R to commute with, I'd rather get a cheap diesel or low litre petrol, and use that instead. Then use your Cupra to have fun.

Last edited:

tommytucker

Oct 28, 2012
MPG 31 Max

Town and mostly A roads at this time of year 30.5 Max
Might get 32 in summer
Tesco momentum or shell V Power.
Seat Official Figs are 32.1 but never managed that.
35-37 seems really good to me as i have a Stage 1 and thought you get better MPG with the mod?
Grey 2004 LCR

D1andonlyantman

Dec 5, 2013
As soon as I put my induction kit on it dropped from around 37mpg on long journeys to around 31-32mpg. On the way to get my remap yesterday I got just over 32mpg at 70-75 on the motorway. On the way home I got 35-36 at 75-80mph. Remaps don't just add more power, it will have paid for itself in a few years lol

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.