Leon cupra r mk1 boosting problem

Chrisallen649

Jan 13, 2016
Hello I bought my cupra r a couple of months ago since had a forged engine put in forge tip/DV, decatted, air filter remap you get the pic. Now the car has no idle problems solid idle no misfires but when I'm in first/second gear car pulls like a train the more I go up the gears the more it hesitates or like its struggling to make power at full throttle. I was driving last night (private land) keeping a steady 100 plus in 6th now when I put my foot down turbo spools up but the car doesent take off like it should. If I press say half throttle and try to keep boost near 10-12 psi it pulls hard as soon as I toe it boost rises to 18-22 psi but car goes sluggish, just as you lift the throttle it surges again near half throttle. If I am at 2.5k revs in sixth boost will peak at 24-26 psi and slowly drop to 17-19 at its lowest on full throttle.

Chrisallen649

Jan 13, 2016
Disconnected maf took it for a squirt down the motorway seems a big improvement from what I can tell so here's hoping when I connect a fresh Bosch one it gets even better!

pooley25

Leon Cupra R 225-260 '05
Aug 26, 2013
Cambridge
Disconnected maf took it for a squirt down the motorway seems a big improvement from what I can tell so here's hoping when I connect a fresh Bosch one it gets even better!

I'd be interested to see if the MAF cures your problem, keep us updated...

I have similar symptoms to you with mine, however on wide open throttle from anywhere lower than 4k revs I am peaking & holding 26psi, Am thinking this is too high but unsure?

Chrisallen649

Jan 13, 2016
Hi well I've been told yes it's a bit high at 26psi. If the boost drops after 4K revs to around 18 give or take I would not worry.

Try disconnecting your MAF it will give an error code. I bought a second hand k&n filter as mine had destroyed itself along with the filter came a second hand MAF which matched mine. I have put this on now I can notice a better throttle responce and I'm getting full power at full throttle but it's still slightly laggy for lack of a better word on the pedal. Verdict. Don't buy second hand mafs I know it's the problem so for 130 from the dealers I'll be getting a new one tmw. Only buy Bosch genuine part and match the numbers as there are mafs that look the same but arnt. Easily checked with seat as I did. The difference is night and day though I'm happy I found the problem

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.