Leon FAQ/Guide - Work in Progress

cmc

ohhhhh yes.
Sep 13, 2002
Glasgow
Visit site
I couldn't quite figure out a way it could be done either. I was just thinking of what the best way was to collate everone's (bad) expereinces of the subject.

I think a Poll has been set up by Stevekay so we can use that one I think.

:cheers:

cmc

Jubjubbird

May 8, 2002
Bedford
Originally posted by .:matt:.
does yours do the one click to unlock drivers door then another click to unlock all doors?

Is it an early 03??

One click for the lot only

Import if that makes a difference, came through about the same time as Getgaff's, Dangel's etc, First batch of imports to arrive

Teq

Andy -
(MY03)No Cupra badge on rear

Thats not strickly true, I had one and I'm guessing I'm not the only one?

European Imports have full trip computers, average fuel consumption, distance gone, time since your last stop, time of journey, immediate fuel econ, clock. external temp . UK have a simplified LCD display

Mine has all of the above, I thought it was standard on all MY03?

Climate control DOES NOT work below 3-5 degree (there does seem to be a small variation with this) degrees. The snowflakes tells you if its on. This is normal!

Think mine works below this temp, tho I have memory lapses :p

20VTs, should be around ????. Tank full is approximately 250miles.

I'm averaging 23 mpg in heavy/moderate traffic so its prolly 15-40 depending on driving conditions and lead footedness, but I'm sure that I'm completely wrong and someone has managed to do 8 mpg or something :p

Thanks for all the work you've put into this Andy, very informative :)

Last edited by a moderator:

andyb

Admin -SCN Canada:)
Aug 29, 2001
Vancouver
www.andyblackmoredesign.com
Originally posted by Teq
Andy -

Thats not strickly true, I had one and I'm guessing I'm not the only one?

OK, I'll add that MY03 may come with Badges, anyone else NOT have a badge?

Mine has all of the above, I thought it was standard on all MY03?

Didnt realise that, will change in the next update

Think mine works below this temp, tho I have memory lapses :p

Mine does as well, it seems to varey somewhat accoridng to car or engine. I'll make it more vague!

I'm averaging 23 mpg in heavy/moderate traffic so its prolly 15-40 depending on driving conditions and lead footedness, but I'm sure that I'm completely wrong and someone has managed to do 8 mpg or something :p

Thanks, I know 25-22 sounds about right, was going to do a search at the time, but forgot

Last edited:

petros

Sep 3, 2001
Chania- Greece
Visit site
Originally posted by Theodore
Hi,
Because I am ready to buy a Leon VT4, I want to know how I can know if the car they will give to me, will be early or late 03 model.
Theodore.

It is quite difficult to find out about the exact date of production as from car to car there are some changes as the internal door locking (as andyb said before).
May be your local dealer can give you some information about the production date..
As far i can remember when i placed my order i was informed of the week in wich my car was supposed to be produced... Exept there is a stock in Greece or Spain..
But when i ordered mine (01/01) there was no stock so i had to wait about 2 months..;)

Brian27

Andy,

Excellent work.

Thanks for your efforts.

BTW the outer honeycomb grills for the Leon R should fit (I hope!).

The honeycomb centre grill would need to be very carefully trimmed and glued and set into the existing surround.

I've not been brave enough to try it yet! :eek:

sjtscott

Now with added Revo! :-)
Apr 15, 2003
London UK
Visit site
Andy, not sure if this still helps you but my recently delivered official UK MY03 Cupra has the following things std:

Redesigned Mirrors
Leather Electric Seats gives electric folding mirrors (dealer's demo cloth seat cupra had no folding mirrors)
Cupra badge on the left on the hatchback door
Full trip computer
No centre armrest (imports only?)
No 12v power socket in the boot
Auto door locking/unlocking
Staged door unlocking

andyb:

Found the FAQ very useful. May I suggest a couple of additions?

1)Maybe you could add something about masking headlights for driving on the opposite side of the road? To warn other Leon owners?

Check out this thread: http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=22311

Apparently, "Metro Beam Benders" are supposedly safe for use on Polycarbonate lenses.

2)Also: Those folks importing Leons to the UK should consider getting cruise fitted before importing, as the necessary connections and wiring are generally left out of the loom in non-UK spec cars.

Cheers mate.

THROBACK

Oct 27, 2003
Scotland
Visit site
Andy,

Just a note to say thanks! I've had my Leon for about 2 months now and have been trying frantically to get the memory seat working to no avail. However, I helpfully found your para on resetting the seats and now they work a treat - cheers! Saved me another 1hour inspection fee from the dealer!

Thro

shomihaq

Dec 13, 2003
Bradford
Visit site
Leon FAQ

Hi

I'm new to this Forum and hoping to buy a Toledo/Leon very soon (I've missed a few good ones ...)

Just wanted to say that the FAQ is an excellent piece of work. Unbelievably helpful.

Thanks
Shomi

El Dingo

Jun 8, 2003
Norfolk
andyb - this is excellent!

Don't forget to add the following:
* Cupra R flakey knob prob.
* Need to 'simmer' turbos after hard run (to avoid carbonising oil).
* LCR steering tends to follow cambers/ruts (often reported as 'my car veers to the left').
* Rear centre and LH seat belt buckles knock together causing annoying rattle.

Hope my twopennorth helps!

(BTW - Hi Petros - We Love Chania!)
:cloud9:

asthpsw

Apr 23, 2004
Southampton
I note under "climate control general" in http://www.seatcupra.net/users/andyb/leonFAQ.htm that it says that you can read the car's diagnostics through the Climate control display (accurate speed etc).......surely this is only the climate controls diagnostics & not the car's diagnostics...or am I reading it wrong ?

Paul

Last edited by a moderator:

Sekim

Road Rally Addict
Jul 10, 2004
Southampton
Right, I'm gonna have a stab at keeping this alive, updated and redesigned version here: http://www.saywell.net/leon/faq.html :D

I've stripped some stuff out that I'm not sure is relevant any more and added a few other bits and bobs. I've also tried to tweak it here and there to appeal to the newbie audience ;)

It's not finished yet, but I've had enough for tonight :hide:

I am more than willing to accept additions and corrections, PM or email em to mike AT saywell.net

LNeves

Orangina
Feb 7, 2005
Does anybody know which models have less than 910 kilos (2006 pounds) front axle load ?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.