Leon FR 'Sport' trim level

Kiyoshi

Jun 18, 2018
Are there any out 'in the wild' yet? If not, any indication when we're likely to start seeing them?

I'm wondering if there are any visual differences over the 'FR Technology' trim level. Also, it looks as though this comes with leather seats as standard; does anyone have a recent SEAT with leather seats, if so how are they? I've always been put off by leather; but I haven't been in any modern cars featuring leather and I hear the quality of leather seats is somewhat different to years gone by.

In any case, I think the FR Sport (the 1.5 petrol) will be my next car; but I'll likely wait for a nearly new one in a few months (or a year or so); so I can keep saving.

Reactions: Walone

Rob66

Apr 25, 2004
UK
Hi

I drove one last weekend, the 2.0 190bhp version DSG but no paddles.

Apart from the alloys there is no difference from the outside. On the Sport you get the Ski hatch in the rear seats that you don't get on the technology (well not the new on in their showroom).

Leather was really comfortable. Like you I wouldn't choose it but it was okay, better than the standard cloth in the non sport.

DCC is also standard.

DAV3G46

May 7, 2015
FRsport also has the digital cockpit instead of the normal dials and the winter pack which includes heated front seats, which I like

daniel_ley

Mar 3, 2018
Dudley
My colleague at work has one, and yes it has the leather seats and the digital cockpit but apart from that it's no visually different from the standard FR.

Rainman

Sep 25, 2018
My colleague at work has one, and yes it has the leather seats and the digital cockpit but apart from that it's no visually different from the standard FR.
do not forget the DCC its quite an important addition .....well at least for me ...

admac21

Aug 30, 2018
It also has 18inch standard rims on the FR Sport compared to FR which has 17 inch no?

Yeah, to sum up everything said above and my own research, the FR Sport has the following differences over the current FR:

• Leather seats with red stitching and ski hatch/rear arm rest.
  • Winter pack (Heated front seats, headlight washers, and heated washer nozzles and water).
  • 18" Performance Alloys 30/1.
  • DCC including associated Seat Drive Profile settings.
  • Digital Cockpit.
  • Slightly higher CO2 emmisions .
  • About 1mpg worse across the engine range.
  • £2150 more expensive (based on list price).
Edit: Also according to the technical data the 150PS variants get bigger 312mm front brake discs over the FR's 288mm. For all other variants the brake discs are the same size between FR and FR Sport for the respective power level.

Last edited:

Seriously?

Apr 20, 2018
Strange about the brakes;I can understand the 2.0 getting bigger brakes than the 1.5, irrespective of trim level, but why would the FR Sport 1.5 need bigger discs than the FR 1.5? Does all that extra equipment make it so much heavier?

admac21

Aug 30, 2018
Strange about the brakes;I can understand the 2.0 getting bigger brakes than the 1.5, irrespective of trim level, but why would the FR Sport 1.5 need bigger discs than the FR 1.5? Does all that extra equipment make it so much heavier?

Yeah there doesn't seem to be much reason behind that choice as the technical data shows no difference in weight between the two at a trim level, or of course the data sheet could be wrong. And looking at the weights the DSG 1.5 150PS FR is 15kg heavier than the Manual 1.5 150PS FR Sport, and yet has the smaller brakes. Not that I'm complaining though.

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
Maybe it's doing an AMG Line merc style, where even their A180d come with 'drilled' disc brakes as part of the pack, and not part of requirement. Then again on the Jag configurator, you can spec bigger brakes on any model. That was at least before the WLTP fiasco...

Kiyoshi

Jun 18, 2018
Thanks for all the info guys, especially the pictures. I want it even more now :)