Leon FR - Sunroof or no sunroof?

RasmusDC

none of you has issues with height and the sunroof?

im quite tall, and i feel like claustrofobic in most cars with the large sunroof...

the main concern is also the rear seats... the roof gets quite low for the passengers.

bigbadjay

Jul 16, 2011
North Manchester
I've missed having a sunroof in the past, last car I had one on was my 1998 Ibiza 16V GTI.

Always compromised for earlier delivery or didn't have the option on later cars.

But I wasn't compromising this time, wanted one on my FR, looks great especially on White as it provides contrast with the dark glass. But even if the weather rarely allows you to open it, being able to slide open the sun blind and let the cabin flood with light, just makes me happy. :)

LeonFRSC_007.jpg

LeonFRSC_008.jpg

Another vote against leather here too. Don't like the look, slippy slide seats, rubbish when you want to chuck it about a bit. ;) Despite heated seats, still don't like the way they are cold in winter and take your skin off in the summer. Each to their own, that's why we have choice. I like the Alcantara sport seats a lot more than the leather, but acknowledge if you have a lot of little people traffic in and out of the car, its harder to keep it looking nice and clean. Always negatives and positives to everything, got to way it up as a personal choice.

NIIICE THAT

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

meich

Jan 15, 2014
Ganz ehrlich - wozu braucht man ein (Sonnen) -/Panoramadach, wenn man aus England kommt? :D

Bei einem Leon ST ist durch das Erlebnis des riesigen Glasdaches beinahe Pflicht - aber beim 5D & SC einfach nur lächerlich, was man da für den Preis geboten bekommt - quietschen & knarzen tut es übrigens schon bei vielen Scirocco und einigen Leon 5F Besitzern.

Von meinem Samsung Galaxy S4 gesendet.

Last edited:

meich

Jan 15, 2014
Sorry guys, I forgot to C&P my own translated posting.

But I really alluded to the weather. With each of my stays in London, Hastings and Bristol weather was gray and rainy. :confused:

Sunroof:
Leon = no!
Leon SC = no!
Leon ST = YES!

Von meinem Samsung Galaxy S4 gesendet.

andrewpain

Jul 5, 2014
Meppershall Beds.
also got both, as the demo car I bought had them anyway:)
of the 2 I'd take the sunroof for the extra light you get in the cabin - it's a bit dark without it.
Sports seats in the FR are good anyway, leather IS easier to clean, but it does scratch.
can you afford a sunroof AND winter pack?
heated seats are lovely...

Cuprarob112

Dec 6, 2008
I like leather but not the extremely low quality seat (Vag) leather/plastic. So I would put my money on aftermarket leather.
I like sunroofs but some add serious weight (approx. 50-60 kg) and make the car less stiff (but on a whit car it looks good).

keensmith

My new Cupra 280 due very soon :) Am going for Emocion Red & felt the white inserts in seats & doors didn't quite go? Opted for full black leather, which comes with Winter Pack, so not too excessive. Have had Alcantra in my 2.0FR & like a lot, however plain Alcantra not an option with Cupra, otherwise I would have gone for. Still wondering if leather seats will have "CUPRA" on them, front & rear? No biggie, but would be nice.

Suicida1 Zombie

Mar 19, 2013
I have the sunroof and alcantara seats. I have had plenty of use out of the sunroof now I have had the car for over a year. It brightens the cabin loads (Especially in the winter when its grey outside, it's nice to get that extra bit of light in) and can create a really nice 'through draught' with it open all the way and the back windows down a few inches.

I will be honest, I was really worried about cleaning the alcantara but I have still yet to actually do so. I hover it off about once a week with a brush attachment on the hoover and give it a wipe over with a damp microfibre cloth every month or so and it still look good as new (Although I have NEVER had a child in my car and my mates are all reasonably responsible so its never had anything minging on it) Other than that I clean and moisturise the leather about once every three months. I do plan on getting a alcantara cleaner soon though.

Although one thing I have noticed time and time again is that if you have the roof open on a really warm day when driving along (It only seems to happen in the drivers side) big globs of black/grey grease flick off onto the roof and get stuck on there then take quite a bit of cleaning (As you would expect) when trying to wash it off. I don't think its a problem as such, I just think the builders got excited after being given a new tub of grease when it came to my car......

Rob2k68

Jun 11, 2014
Rugby
CCQ3mmUe

ZylqM62N

Thought I'd add a better interior pic with the leather pack ...

Works well with a 3yr old in the back ;o) Like Alcantara too but think I'd be brushing it in one direction all the time as my car OCD kicks in !!

Last edited:

SlipStream

Jun 1, 2009
Surely not if its a seagull...!

One managed to get through my passenger window recently (doing about 40 mph) that was only open about 2 inches. It hit the top of the glass edge, then hit the top of the door card, then ricochet off the side edge of the front seat, then all the little white specs splattered all over the inside of the back door. :wtf:

Not a fun half hour (with kitchen roll, bottle of water and glass cleaner - luckily I always keep this stuff in the car) cleaning all that up :blink:

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.