leon fr tdi 150

kam130

hi guys im new on here currently on ukmkivs, ive just sold a 54plate bora tdi 130 sport, luvd it loads especially when i had it mapped. im wanting a leon tdi 150 fr, i was just wondering what 2 look out for apart from the usual, history, flywheel, turbo etc. also i heard they have a problem where thy get water in passenger footwell is that all or earlier leon models. i also drove a golf 150 and hated it coz couldnt feel any power till 2.5k rpm, and if i was in 3rd at 30mph it took ages to get there where as my bora picked up rightaway and once it got to 2k rpm then it was bye bye, just after some advice thanks, if its good i mite be going to pick up a black 54 reg fr 150, cheers

Kam

chris285

leon mk1 fr tdi
Nov 26, 2004
lincoln, uk
sounds like you have most of the issues down already

as for the turbo lag its cause its a bigger turbo so its expected and you are will get the same with the leon, but a remap changes this totally so you can put your foot down in 3rd at 30 and it flies

kam130

thanks but i assumed if u put ur foot down when at 2k rpm ot should just pull very hard this one i drove pulled but at 2.5k rpm. but im going to check one out, black 54reg fr, a lad in next street has one had it mapped threw 210 hp, 330 torques....

chris285

leon mk1 fr tdi
Nov 26, 2004
lincoln, uk
it will be more lag purely due to the turbo but i am sure mine pulled away at 30 in 3rd before the map just not to much, mine should be 190bhp/290ftlb following its remap but not had it RR'd to find out

welsh frtdi

smokey
Oct 3, 2009
carms
some suffered wearing cam issues but does nt affect everybody..ive heard of engines doing 160000 before they go, but some have had them go at 50000,,check service history and if theyve been using correct oil grade...

daboy3000

No Longer a Seat owner
Jul 2, 2008
Oxted
Love mine, but would be supprised if you can get 210BHP out of a map.

My remap has given me more pull from earlier and longer and it goes like stink.

kam130

i asume there will be some lad but you should noticve it pick up even at 30 from third thid one just took tooooooooo long i recon a standard 130 would leave it any day but im not dissing all 150 hp diesels im gonna have to go and drive another 1

Dyscontinued

Apr 15, 2007
Leeds
I had mine in at a garage once and he had a 130, described it completely like you did. Town speed the 130 react better, but out on the open road the 150 is much better.

I've recently changed back to turbo petrol and to be honest, all turbos are a bit lacking low down compared to the big boost further up.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.