Leon fr tfsi turbo???

Amyevans2k12

May 5, 2016
Hi, i'm new to the forum and i'm not too tech-wise so navigating round the website is pretty difficult, so i can't find if this has been covered.

I've got a leon fr tfsi 2.0 '56 plate, which will pull maybe once at the beginning of a journey, then bog down any other time i put my foot down. 2nd and 3rd start to pull then you hear all the air release and it just stops accelerating, like your foot is completley to the floor and it pulls like a 1l corsa! The car has a dump valve fitted, however i dont believe this to be the issue. Its just had a new throttle body and pvc valve which haven't solved the issue.
A garage has told me theres an issue with the pipe in the turbo which is releasing too much air, causing the bogging down.
My question is; has anyone else has this sort of problem and how was it resolved?
And also, if a new turbo is going to be required, what is the part number for this specific turbo (fr tfsi 2.0l 56 plate) as the current turbo has no number on it(think it must of been swapped before i owned the car aswell)

Thanks guys! :D

Last edited:

richicupra

Jan 29, 2012
Has the diverter valve been checked? Also have you tried it without the dump valve?

Amyevans2k12

May 5, 2016
Not sure i'll get it checked! And yeah, im pretty sure getting rid of the dump valve wont do any harm tbh! Thank you!

Dan FR

Meth addict. Stage 2+ Yo!
Nov 14, 2013
Caerdydd
It sounds like soem kind of limp home mode to me. Data logging diagnostics needed before vene considering the turbo....... if it was the turbo it wouldn't be an intermittent problem

dcypha fr

Oct 25, 2015
redditch
I had a problem on mine similar to this it kept on putting itself into limp mode with an engine management and epc light. I did a bit of research and found some scary stories about the fuel pump and cam follower being worn through when I got round to having a look found it was the sensor on the top of the fuel pump had snapped in half don't know if this is any help to you just thought I would say just in case... hope you find out

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

dcypha fr

Oct 25, 2015
redditch
0370397b82333efa26eec7d43510c0c6.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.