leon great, knocking bad!

jamie c

can anyone help. I'm new to the world of Leon and am enjoying driving my little beast, but i'm getting annoyed at a knocking noise which sounds like its coming from behind the bulkhead but sometimes beneath the drivers seat; mainly it happens when i turn left and accelerate and sometimes when i accelerate straight forward, but never right hand turns.

I've had it back to the dealer (Pattersons in Newcastle upon Tyne) but they don't seem to be able to find it.

Anyone got any ideas????

Cheers.

J.:cry:

Tam

Santa in disguise :)
Feb 10, 2005
Near Reevo :)
Wasn't there an issue with the steering rack a while ago and they recalled a load of cars?

How old is your car?

Rokerlad

Sep 25, 2004
East of Eden
can anyone help. I'm new to the world of Leon and am enjoying driving my little beast, but i'm getting annoyed at a knocking noise which sounds like its coming from behind the bulkhead but sometimes beneath the drivers seat; mainly it happens when i turn left and accelerate and sometimes when i accelerate straight forward, but never right hand turns.

I've had it back to the dealer (Pattersons in Newcastle upon Tyne) but they don't seem to be able to find it.

Anyone got any ideas????

Cheers.

J.:cry:

Pattersons Seat Newcastle are a crap garage to be fair. Had my old LCR there a couple of times for warranty issues and I got the impression they didn't want to know. Hope you didn't buy the yellow demo car they had.

jamie c

Pattersons to be fair have been helpful, or at least they've tried bless em, but no cigar just yet.

carlt69

Jan 6, 2006
Are you sure its not the passenger seatbelt knocking on the pillar?? I had that and thought it was serious until I realised what it was :)

jamie c

can't imagine it is, but i'll check in out. It mainly happens on left hand turns and definately sounds like it coming from underneath.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.