Leon mk1 water leak - behind passenger! HELP!!!!

azzy28

Hi

I have a 2002 Leon TDI SE. I have discovered a water leak in the back on my car behind the passenger seat in the footwell. It’s just there - not anywhere else, not in any other footwell of boot!

I have no idea how the water is getting in, the seal seems fine, I have sat inside and poured water from the outside with a hose pipe but no water seems to come in :wtf: but when its raining more and more is coming in even when its stood and not driven!

Can anyone help? Has this happened to anyone else?

Would appreciate any recommendations

Thanks

:blink:

azzy28

is that the black seal at the bottom of the door and whats the best way to get that off?

is search a type of silicone????

Many Thanks

azzy28

very funny, anyone have any other opinions or has it happened to anyone else????

azzy28

I've already seen that, its not the seal, and cant be the pollen filter cover as the water is going into the back footwell

azzy28

Hi Lee

Ive just had a look and their is water between the plastic cover and rubber seal but thats in the front passenger door

does that mean its the seal of the front door and i'll have to rip that apart

thanks

azzy28

right okay, so its not the seal that runs around the door, its a seal thats inside the door under the door panel

wonder how the water gets in but oh well - we shall give it a go

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
right okay, so its not the seal that runs around the door, its a seal thats inside the door under the door panel

wonder how the water gets in but oh well - we shall give it a go

Yes, there is a metal panel that is sealed to the inner door skin, this seal is notorious for leaking.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members