Leon mk1 wiper problems

TYS

As the title says - I had the usual problem with the wiper motor.
I would just like to say thankyou to the site for the relavent info which allowed me to carry out the work myself and save an absolute packet!
Apart from damaging the threads on one of the spindles ( I used a hammer cos the arms wouldn't budge off the tapers - doh!), and having to use a M8x1.25 die-nut, the operation went well.

BTW, the local dealer quoted me £200 and as far as I can tell, that was just for the motor assembly! :lol:

Apr 24, 2007
W. yorkshire
so what have you actually done mate i opologise for my ignorance

I have a similar problem i snapped the thread off and have not been able to come up with a solution

TYS

so what have you actually done mate i opologise for my ignorance

I have a similar problem i snapped the thread off and have not been able to come up with a solution

Sprayed everything with WD40, cos the motor was sticking. The arms were difficult to remove so I tucked a screwdriver under the arms and hit the spindle with a hammer, thus damaging the threads! Once I screwed a M8 die-nut down the threads, they were OK.

Brummy

Nazi Moderator-Bot
Mar 6, 2005
Moved to the DarkSide
will it stop the 'judder effect' on the full radius of the wiper arm under load Vs pressure aided and abetted by windload Vs resistence and increased wind velocity in a real time scenario , though?

Last edited:

TYS

will it stop the 'judder effect' on the full radius of the wiper arm under load Vs pressure aided and abetted by windload Vs resistence and increased wind velocity in a real time scenario , though?

Dunno.... Just glad to have it working on demand, again. :funk:

TYS

I only found out how to do the job after reading various posts on 'Cupra.net'.
So it would be a pointless exercise repeating info.... :rolleyes: