Leon MK3 1.8TSI SC FR PROJECT

Ckpearce91

Feb 20, 2013
Milton Keynes
Well all these parts going on the car haven't been put on a leon yet.. So it's all new to me and I'm the idiot to experiment with a 24k car ha

Well you're the first idiot, so well done on your part haha. I've seen you on the FB page, I saw that lovely dent in your wing. How did that happen?

MK3SC94

Well you're the first idiot, so well done on your part haha. I've seen you on the FB page, I saw that lovely dent in your wing. How did that happen?

4x4... As I overtook them as they were doing 40 in a 60 on a straight road... They pulled out and smacked them.. That was 1600 for the corner... Other side just cost me 3200 to repair for just thwarting a kurb a little too hard.. Wide tyres are not recommended with no tread..

Ckpearce91

Feb 20, 2013
Milton Keynes
4x4... As I overtook them as they were doing 40 in a 60 on a straight road... They pulled out and smacked them.. That was 1600 for the corner... Other side just cost me 3200 to repair for just thwarting a kurb a little too hard.. Wide tyres are not recommended with no tread..

Whoops. Money pit is growing deeper. Where abouts are you from?

MK3SC94

Whoops. Money pit is growing deeper. Where abouts are you from?

Bournemouth chap.. And well got to half the price of the car now... But least it's a decent car to work on.. Rather than my old z20let corsa.. That was a money pit...

Ckpearce91

Feb 20, 2013
Milton Keynes
Bournemouth chap.. And well got to half the price of the car now... But least it's a decent car to work on.. Rather than my old z20let corsa.. That was a money pit...

It is much more worth making look better and play with. It's the first car I've had in years that I've done stuff to

Snowman

Mar 16, 2014
Is on eibach lowering springs and so far the engine mods on way is forge intercooler, boost pipes, induction kit, chip box and short shifter

Where did you get the engine parts for the leon?
Is all of them made for the Leon so its just a matter of replacing/bolting them on, or do they require things to be drilled/added?
Where did you get the short shifter?

What kind of hp is your car putting out now after the modifications?

Last edited:

MK3SC94

Where did you get the engine parts for the leon?
Is all of them made for the Leon so its just a matter of replacing/bolting them on, or do they require things to be drilled/added?
Where did you get the short shifter?

What kind of hp is your car putting out now after the modifications?

Germany.. Ask company's and company.. No item is on the website yet but use vw golf figures.. Everything I've bought has been altered or custom fitted..

After the mods I should be rolling roading 250bhp without changing main components.. But I'm looking at 6k on cost so far.. Excluding the repairs... (First mk3 to ever have steering rack changed)

Snowman

Mar 16, 2014
Germany.. Ask company's and company.. No item is on the website yet but use vw golf figures.. Everything I've bought has been altered or custom fitted..

After the mods I should be rolling roading 250bhp without changing main components.. But I'm looking at 6k on cost so far.. Excluding the repairs... (First mk3 to ever have steering rack changed)

Thanks for your reply!

Ill wait some more then since i dont even have a proper garage at the moment :(

MK3SC94

Thanks for your reply!

Ill wait some more then since i dont even have a proper garage at the moment :(

In my opinion I would wait until a tuning company actually does stuff with the leon... In playing guessing games... Losing warranty each day

robbyd6

Apr 5, 2012
wirral, merseyside
Out of interest what are the specs of your wheels i.e. Width, offset etc and what size tyres are fitted? Looking to get a set of aftermarket wheels but haven't a clue what's gonna fit I know my 17's are 7.5j et51 but I'm looking at staggered 8.5/9.5 18's and wondering how much room there is to play with. Oh and what coilovers are you planning to fit?

Cheers

Rob

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
Hi guys.. thought i would start a thread to the never ending project i have in mind...

Will seem dull and boring now as parts still waiting to come from germany but i will build a picture thread of all the progress.. have taken nearly this whole car apart so any questions on parts or tuning or wheels, suspension etc etc.. i can help..

enjoy the thread.. any opinions would be great to hear

Started here

woke up..

Crazy idea to do this..

in betweens..

clubs take over..

Are you not the same guy that was agt the extreme simulator shoot? I recognise these wheels and that exhaust.....sadly the missing the fender seems to tie in with some damage that was on that SC too?

MK3SC94

Out of interest what are the specs of your wheels i.e. Width, offset etc and what size tyres are fitted? Looking to get a set of aftermarket wheels but haven't a clue what's gonna fit I know my 17's are 7.5j et51 but I'm looking at staggered 8.5/9.5 18's and wondering how much room there is to play with. Oh and what coilovers are you planning to fit?

Cheers

Rob

My old wheels were 18x9.5 et 45 and they just about fit.. I have ordered KW coilovers with every adjustment you can think of ha

MK3SC94

We were chatting alot with each other mate. I made the final edit lol

That's right you showed me the CBR on your phone! Ha yeh I noticed you made final cut! You two were the best.. I made the behind the scenes thingy though so was ok..

taran93

Jan 20, 2014
is this a petrol or diesel? if its a diesel does the exhaust do much noise? and is the induction any good? thinking of getting one myself and love the cupra style grill ;D have a look at the what do you think post on here and look at the pics of my car and say what you think? im doing it as a project too but not 6k+ like yours lol

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.