Leon seat heating is turning on and off

stanmy

Sep 20, 2021
the passenger seat has seat heating, but it seems to go on and off sometimes. Unlike the driver's seat that simply stays on.

Does anyone know why and whether you can just leave it on?

I also read something about smart seat heating, but can't find it

Thank you in advance!

Attachments

• Knipsel3.PNG
    Knipsel3.PNG
    22.7 KB · Views: 51
  • Knipsel2.PNG
    Knipsel2.PNG
    15.2 KB · Views: 51
  • Knipsel.PNG
    Knipsel.PNG
    31.9 KB · Views: 55

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
The same - or similar - problem is a known issue on the mk8 Golf; VW issued a TPI (Technical Product Information) bulletin to dealers for the Golf issue.

Don’t know if the VW TPI would be relevant to the Leon but if it is, the reference number is 2060861/5.

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
I have no idea but I suspect it’ll require a visit to the dealer; if your car’s under warranty I’d definitely be taking it back.

witek_77

Jul 11, 2023
PL
I have the same on my Seat Leon mk4. Only with passenger seat. If there is a connector and no one sits on it, everything is fine. As soon as my wife starts fidgeting, it restarts. I thought it was the fault of the human detection sensor, the temperature sensor or a broken heating wire. I removed the seats and swapped the lower section between the driver and passenger. Unfortunately, it's still the same.

spembo

Jun 4, 2022
The smart heating goes through a learning process to learn how the driver and passenger use the seat heater. There is a reset for driver and passenger somewhere in the settings or probably within iclimate settings. You can also turn it off completely so its manual on/off only.

witek_77

Jul 11, 2023
PL
The smart heating goes through a learning process to learn how the driver and passenger use the seat heater. There is a reset for driver and passenger somewhere in the settings or probably within iclimate settings. You can also turn it off completely so its manual on/off only.
Where ? I dont see this in options

spembo

Jun 4, 2022
I want say in iclimate setting, but without being in my car I can’t be 100%

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.