Leon ST sub 8 minutes round the ring

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
To be honest though, the Cupra 280 Hatch and ST where only able to do it with upgrades. Those upgrades are available to buy through the Sub 8 pack with tyres. This drops things like the spare wheel as well.

I'm under no illusion that the car I've bought could do it in that time.

Still it's ****ing quick :-D

Biker

Oct 6, 2003
Northumberland
Visit site
To be honest though, the Cupra 280 Hatch and ST where only able to do it with upgrades. Those upgrades are available to buy through the Sub 8 pack with tyres. This drops things like the spare wheel as well.

The mods Seat made to the Leon to set their record were pretty minor compared to what Renault had to do to the Megan to get the record back!

Damo H

Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
The mods Seat made to the Leon to set their record were pretty minor compared to what Renault had to do to the Megan to get the record back!

Yes but you can buy the exact same spec of car that did it without having to spec options. Seat where claiming the sub 8 minute before the car had the options.

Either way they're both quick and the ST will now forever hold the estate record due to the restrictions now on the green hell :)

Last edited:

Biker

Oct 6, 2003
Northumberland
Visit site
Yes but you can buy the exact same spec of car that did it without having to spec options. Seat where claiming the sub 8 minute before the car had the options.

You can't actually! If you buy the Megan it comes with rear seats fitted, the record breaking car did not have rear seats. You have to pay the dealer to remove them......... :p

Damo H

Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
You can't actually! If you buy the Megan it comes with rear seats fitted, the record breaking car did not have rear seats. You have to pay the dealer to remove them......... :p

Really? Taking seats out is easier than fitting a BBK and side skirts though...

Damo H

Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Oh and I forgot the wheels to fit over that BBK!

Either way the power is the same! And that's the important bit :D

And that it's not a Renault with its build quality!

Last edited:

Mr_gangrel

Feb 12, 2015
Sussex
I did a sub 8 BTG in my Cupra 280 in April when it was 2 degrees and from a TF start not a flying lap and mine was a standard car not a sub 8 car.

If I still had her and went out in warmer conditions (the cup 2s didn't like 2 degrees, too cold) and had a flying lap like Dale Lomas where he hit 163mph with his modified 330bhp Cupra ST through Tiergarten I reckon a sub 7 min 50 is on.

My car couldn't get into sixth up the long drag through kesselchen towards the Karrusel and thats where another 50bhp would really make the difference.

I know its all hearsay but I think it is do-able.

He was my chilly lap.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIYTODhschE

This isn't a look how great I am reply btw, I'm just highlighting how capable the car is out of the box.

Damo H

Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Oh I don't doubt the car is a good bit of kit, just that the upgrades certainly helped it set the record. The tyres and the better brakes to avoid fade would help immensely.

Look forward to watching the lap. Anyone who can do the green hell in a competitive time deserves respect. I'd love to do it, but my time would probably be closer to 10 minutes :D

I'll stick to getting sub 8 lap times on Forza 6!

leon.il

Dec 28, 2013
Cupra ST is ugly to be honest D: , dont understand why they made it in ST mode at all

I wish to go the Nurburgring O_O

Mr_gangrel

Feb 12, 2015
Sussex
I quite like the look of the ST but although SEAT say the the ST is quicker I think its more likely the environment and/or optimal rubber conditions that gave it the better time.

I can't see how its faster than a Ultimate sub 8 pack SC.

Seems like a clever bit of marketing for estates considering they knew the Type R was coming and with it the FWD Nordschleife record.

Damo H

Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
I quite like the look of the ST but although SEAT say the the ST is quicker I think its more likely the environment and/or optimal rubber conditions that gave it the better time.

I can't see how its faster than a Ultimate sub 8 pack SC.

Seems like a clever bit of marketing for estates considering they knew the Type R was coming and with it the FWD Nordschleife record.

I love the Type R, appeals to my inner child. But they can say what they like about the rolecage adding the same equivalent weight to the car as the bits they'd taken out, the rolecage add a shed load of chassis rigidity. So although I don't doubt it's a quick car, but the cage makes a hell of a difference in the handling as well as safety.

Did the Leon have a rolecage on its laps?

Also I don't doubt the SC in real world is faster than the ST, I just love the marketing haha

Last edited: