Leon Stylance suspension

Jon Jarvis

I have just bought a secondhand Leon Stylance 2-0tdi with a Sports kit. I wanted the sports seats but find the ride very hard. Can I revert to the standard stylance suspension set up?
Jon

DanGB

Who need's a Diesel....
Feb 12, 2006
London
well you can fit some different springs or shocks yes, not nessecerily the Seat ones.

nog

Sep 18, 2007
Shropshire
I have just bought a secondhand Leon Stylance 2-0tdi with a Sports kit. I wanted the sports seats but find the ride very hard. Can I revert to the standard stylance suspension set up?
Jon

Hold on a minutre Jon, don't be too hasty!

I bought a stylance with sport pack just before christmas. It gave me a bad back for the first three weeks and I thought about getting rid. I love it now and have recently driven a standard stylance courtesy car - it was horrible - like driving along on a bouncy castle!

I say give it a few weeks as it is:D.

140SPORT

Aug 22, 2007
You can get Koni FSD Dampers fitted with standard Stylance springs,I have and it is a lot better ,the ride is not as harsh.Dampers are about £350 and springs £200.Cheaper option than selling the car as i realy like mine a lot now this 2.0tdi with DSG is a great combo .

grayman

Jul 27, 2007
Give it a try

Jon

I went from a Bora TDI to an 06 Leon Sport 2.0 TDI with 17" alloys and at first found the ride very firm. However I have now done 16K miles in 10 months and would not even consider going back to 'normal' suspension. I find the lack of roll a big plus now.

grayman

adriaticman

Jan 13, 2008
essex
I have a 2.0 tdi Stylance with std suspension + 17" rims. I originally tried to get sports pack and change springs to std.Was quoted £900 by a dealer!

Agree best bet probably Koni FSD dampers, based on comments so far

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members