Need help with Maxidot coding through VCDS

Mar 24, 2024
Hi guys, I have a 2012 seat Leon mk2 and a few months back I replaced the instrument cluster with the small display for the Maxidot one. All was working fine but yesterday I tried to change the language through vcds but I must have accidentally changed the instrument cluster to the "England" setting. I tried to change it back to "Rest of the world" but now it's not showing the digital speedo and it's showing me MPH right where the outside temperature used to be. I saw that you can change this stuff in the Maxidot setting, but since it's retrofitted I can't access these settings. So my question is, is there anything I can do to get it back to how it was?

Rusty2k

May 12, 2013
VCDS keeps a log of all coding done that contains the before and after coding. You can use that to restore the original coding of the module.

\Ross-Tech\VCDS\Debug\CodingLog.csv

Find the module's original coding in the file and copy & paste it into VCDS.

edit: I just re-read your post and realised this might not solve your problem as I'm not sure the configuration of the display is changeable via the coding.

Last edited:
Mar 24, 2024
VCDS keeps a log of all coding done that contains the before and after coding. You can use that to restore the original coding of the module.

\Ross-Tech\VCDS\Debug\CodingLog.csv

Find the module's original coding in the file and copy & paste it into VCDS.

edit: I just re-read your post and realised this might not solve your problem as I'm not sure the configuration of the display is changeable via the coding.
Well, thank you anyway for the reply

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members