Leon Weekend!

RichLCR225

Dec 4, 2006
North Yorkshire
Has anybody got any plans for their Leon this weekend? Yesterday, I fitted a Parrot 3200 LS Bluetooth Handsfree Kit and I must say it is brilliant, has really brought my car upto date with a cool feature and looks really trick sat on the dashboard.

Tomorrow, I am getting a new gearknob and 'R' badges under warranty at Seat!:)

And most excitedly, on Monday I have a days holiday and am getting a Green panel filter, Forge DV and hopefully a Custom Code remap, decided I need to treat my pride and joy to a new lease of life!

Like a lot of people on here I think after two years of LCR ownership I have now been bitten by the modding bug!:lol:

So anybody doing any mods this weekend aswell?

smoothuk

SmoothNAV
Aug 26, 2005
Essex
yup, i put on a full bluflame system 2 weeks ago, have booked in for a remap too :) new audi RS4 badges turned up today so will fit them probably some time this weekend, and then a run on the RR at engine advantages on sunday :)

Last edited:

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
I've sold my Carbonio CAI kit, and refitted a smoothed airbox with 100mm airfeed.

Currently running a std air filter in the box - which will be changed with a k&n panel filter tomorrow morning.
Then all day tomorrow we have an RR day, so that'll keep me busy.

I'll be up at 6:30am, driving home, and cleaning the car before the 9am start! :(

RichLCR225

Dec 4, 2006
North Yorkshire
:p i,m looking for a good handsfree kit any pics or price

Hi Lee, I did a bit of research on handsfree kits and found that the Parrot 3200 LS-Colour had all the features I needed including voice command dialling which is great and an attractive display unit. I noticed that Halfords are selling them for £200 a pop so started to look at less expensive options. Did a search on the net and eventually bought the model I really wanted from Amazon for £115 and delivered within 3 days, result!

It was surpisingly easy to fit although it was a very tight squeeze to refit my Alpine head unit due to all the adaptors that are required + the Parrot control box but with persistence it all slotted into place. It works extremely well with my Samsung D900 so I am over the moon with it, sounds quality is great and it is so cool that calls come through the front car speakers + it auto mutes the stereo. Makes the Leon feel like a a fully loaded executive motor as well as a hot hatchback!

Let us know which kit you decide to buy mate.:)

RichLCR225

Dec 4, 2006
North Yorkshire
No problem Lee, I should think it would fit the standard headunit, I found it easy as it just a case of fitting the parrot between the existing ISO connectors.

I am no expert on this kind of thing and even I managed to make a tidy job of fitting in an hour or so. Good luck with what ever kit you buy but IMO the Parrot is a quality bit of kit.

It just means I can use the phone legally as never dared to take a call whilst driving and holding the phone, it is one of those things that annoys me about other drivers especially when you can see their standard of driving deteriorates when they are on the phone ie poor lane discipline or erractic levels of speed.:ban:

RichLCR225

Dec 4, 2006
North Yorkshire
Hey Pabs, it was your guide that prompted me to look at Parrot phone kits.

You made the installation look so tidy that I was also going to get the CK3100 but after doing further research I found some feedback from people suffering with compatability problems with my type of phone and that specific model. I took a chance and went for the 3200 LS as was assured it would work fine with a D900 and thankfully it does.

At the moment I have you to thank for guidance on how to fit a Fabia rear wiper and now the Parrot. I think for my next trick I am going to do the really easy one....the mkIV Golf sunglasses holder, that is such a handy mod and will keep the sunnies nice and scratch free, cheers fella! Useful guides like yours really give people the modding bug...if only the credit card companies paid you commision for giving people ideas on how to improve their cars and buying lots of new toys!:lol:

By the way, with regard to the sunglasses holder is their a colour option that will go nicely with the LCR black rooflining, I would love it to look like SEAT had made it that way if you know what I mean!?

Rich

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
Unfortunately mate the mkiv golf does NOT have a black interior - meaning the sunglasses holder doesn't come in black. This is the same for the w8 interior light modification (Passat).

Best bet is to look in the for-sale forum on here - i'm sure someone was selling a black interior + accessories recently.

Failing that paint it or cover it in alacantara yourself :)

UncleFester

Grumpier by the day!
Apr 30, 2006
Milton Keynes
www.facebook.com
Yup I can blame more than a few weekends spent doing car stuff on Pabs - i think the Audio is the only direction we've differed on :) I'm not doing anything with mine this weekend other than washing it!

RichLCR225

Dec 4, 2006
North Yorkshire
Unfortunately mate the mkiv golf does NOT have a black interior - meaning the sunglasses holder doesn't come in black. This is the same for the w8 interior light modification (Passat).

Best bet is to look in the for-sale forum on here - i'm sure someone was selling a black interior + accessories recently.

Failing that paint it or cover it in alacantara yourself :)

Cheers Pabs, I think painting it sounds like a good plan, I will fit the grey golf version and see what it looks like first.

Yup I can blame more than a few weekends spent doing car stuff on Pabs - i think the Audio is the only direction we've differed on :) I'm not doing anything with mine this weekend other than washing it!

Yeah Pat, but despite the fact yours and Pabs Leons look like they were seperated at birth ;) , they both look fantastic and IMO better for all the nice subtle and functional mods you have both added, good work guys!

I can't wait for my remap, then it will be the suspension...the list never ends as I know you already know full well!:D

jetski

Yup, Thanks to Pabs' guides I did my DV a few weeks back and i'm picking up my fabia rear wiper from the skoda stealer tommorow. Quite fancy one of those W8 interior lights too.

Pure Leg end, cheers Pabs

skullmunki

Ding Ding Round 2!!!
Nov 12, 2006
Have a Green panel filter on order, but doubt it will be here for the weekend! So it will just be a wash im afraid!

btw Pabs, what have you used for your airfeed?

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members