Leon245ps

Mar 30, 2022
Thessaloniki, Greece
Hello everyone,
I am new to the forum, since yesterday I got my first cupra. It's a Cupra Leon e-Hybrid with 245hp, that I already loved.
I loved everything in this car, except its sound system. I got it without the beats audio system and the original speakers sound awful, especially the rear ones.
Has anyone fitted other speakers and if yes, what specs did you choose (how much Wattage RMS, how many Ohms and which brand)?
Also, does anyone know how much is the diameter of the original speakers (front and rear)?
I am a bit afraid of tearing the plastic door apart just to measure their diameter, because I want to avoid annoying noises like squeaks etc.
Thank you in advance,
Paschalis from Greece

josh263uk

Waiting for the sunshine!
Aug 13, 2007
Saarland Germany
I have just picked up mine too. Here (Germany) we dont have the option to have the Beats Audio with the e-Hypbrid. I am plesently supprised by the quality of the speakers. They have a good range and a good selction of pre set equalizer options as well as the individual settings.

OneLeggedIdiot

Apr 27, 2022
I have just picked up mine too. Here (Germany) we dont have the option to have the Beats Audio with the e-Hypbrid. I am plesently supprised by the quality of the speakers. They have a good range and a good selction of pre set equalizer options as well as the individual settings.
From what I heard when I ordered in september 2021, Beats are not possible in the Leon E-Hybrid because of the batteries. But I don't have the car yet so can't say if it's good or not.

josh263uk

Waiting for the sunshine!
Aug 13, 2007
Saarland Germany
From what I heard when I ordered in september 2021, Beats are not possible in the Leon E-Hybrid because of the batteries. But I don't have the car yet so can't say if it's good or not.
I can confirm that is the case. There would be no room for the sub in the boot. I would love to take a picture and show the floor layout, but the car is currently at the dealers with an electrical issue 🙄☹️.

OneLeggedIdiot

Apr 27, 2022
I can confirm that is the case. There would be no room for the sub in the boot. I would love to take a picture and show the floor layout, but the car is currently at the dealers with an electrical issue 🙄☹️.
So soon already? So after waiting for months, you've got a monday morning car...

Andrew99

Jun 16, 2022
I am okay with the quality of the speakers but what annoys me is the rattling coming from the doors when playing any music with bass. If I push my arm or hand against the door while the music is playing the rattling stops? is there any solution to this, such as having the doors padded out with some type of material?

Seastormer

Cupra Leon VZ2 300/CBF1000
Apr 25, 2014
Edinburgh (Scotland)
I am okay with the quality of the speakers but what annoys me is the rattling coming from the doors when playing any music with bass. If I push my arm or hand against the door while the music is playing the rattling stops? is there any solution to this, such as having the doors padded out with some type of material?
I have had no rattles with my Leon, listening to Planet Rock and various mp3s of all types of music from rock to smooth.

Railwayman

Jun 13, 2022
Lancashire
I have no rattles either, everything appears to be pretty solid. To be fair Heart North West (my commute entertainment) probably isn’t classed as a full and proper test by music lovers😬

adrianator

Sep 13, 2022
Indeed, the Subwoofer goes into the boot but there's no room because of the battery. See#8 in the attached image (ignore car model, it's the same system and same placement in mk4)

Attachments

• 830035350.png
    830035350.png
    625.6 KB · Views: 269

stanmy

Sep 20, 2021
Does the hyrbid has 2 tweaters in the back, i looked with a flashlight and it seems that they are in, but no sound is coming out?

LeonST 184

Dec 22, 2021
Scotland
There is no tweeters in the back door on standard radio system, and base speaker at rear doors are cheap dual papercone 😕 there is no much out there to fit standard connector (same as Audi or leon mk3) bonus is they are 6.5s and fronts are 8s plus nice to have is dash center speaker.

I have added vw tweeters to the back and will replace standard dual cone with audi base units 6.5s hopefully will sound little better, door cards are bit hard to remove as just the handle has 3 or 4 elements that needs removing.
As you there fitting sound deadening will make stereo sound 2x better so I highly recommend.

Speakers... I think they are 20w each and 4ohm .

Attachments

• IMG_20240105_181659.jpg
    IMG_20240105_181659.jpg
    351.5 KB · Views: 124
  • Screenshot_20240115_083213.jpg
    Screenshot_20240115_083213.jpg
    221 KB · Views: 113
  • Screenshot_20240117_185543.jpg
    Screenshot_20240117_185543.jpg
    157.6 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.