leons_ leon LCR, 20/07/2011 update 14/09/2011 CAR WILL BE UP FOR SALE SOON :(

leons_ leon

BYE BYE GTI
Jan 2, 2010
Norwich
No worries. How much is not cheap lol?

well the battery cover is £38 but then you need the s3 battery tray and surround which is another £40 unless you want to adapt your battery cover, and the coolant cover is around £60, but its hard to fill up the washer fluid without taking it off everytime unless you buy the s3 washer bottle which is another £30 lol, but there is not many/any LCR's with these covers on, i wanted to be different and it makes the bay look alot cleaner imo :D

LCR 225

Nick
May 1, 2010
Bristol
Not cheap then!:lol: yeah it def different and looks a lot cleaner I've wanted to do it for awhile now i think there are some on here that have done it but not very many. I think I could live without the battery cover tbh but might go for the washer bottle cover as it's that area that bothers me the most. Cheers mate.

leons_ leon

BYE BYE GTI
Jan 2, 2010
Norwich
Not cheap then!:lol: yeah it def different and looks a lot cleaner I've wanted to do it for awhile now i think there are some on here that have done it but not very many. I think I could live without the battery cover tbh but might go for the washer bottle cover as it's that area that bothers me the most. Cheers mate.

Part numbers:

8L9 103 928 B (01C) – Expansion Tank Cover

8N0 103 531 – Screw

8N0 103 946A – Bracket

8N0 103 954 – Rubber Bush

:D

rsmith

Robbie
Apr 28, 2004
Tipperary, Ireland
Jeepers that pipework looks tight but i welcome the amount of alloy piping in it.Nice car mate, are they aftermarket builds in you fog lights? and where did you get a 5.5l washer bottle, i really really need one of these for my WMI.

Well done.

leons_ leon

BYE BYE GTI
Jan 2, 2010
Norwich
Jeepers that pipework looks tight but i welcome the amount of alloy piping in it.Nice car mate, are they aftermarket builds in you fog lights? and where did you get a 5.5l washer bottle, i really really need one of these for my WMI.

Well done.

Pipework is tight but hold's boost great, hid's in the fog lights (purely for picture) ;) and the washer bottle is off an audi s3 (8l) theres a few breaking on the bay if not the about £30 from audi but not easy to fit lol

rsmith

Robbie
Apr 28, 2004
Tipperary, Ireland
Pipework is tight but hold's boost great, hid's in the fog lights (purely for picture) ;) and the washer bottle is off an audi s3 (8l) theres a few breaking on the bay if not the about £30 from audi but not easy to fit lol

Cool, do you have any pic of the washer bootle without the cover or install pics?, i wonder does it leave much space down there for pipework etc...

leons_ leon

BYE BYE GTI
Jan 2, 2010
Norwich
Cool, do you have any pic of the washer bootle without the cover or install pics?, i wonder does it leave much space down there for pipework etc...

doesnt changer the amount of room for the pipe work here is a picture of the standard one compared to the lcr one
SeatRepair-8.jpg

tyrer

OEM
Jun 6, 2010
I've been after this but the gap winds me up at the bottom of the coolant cover.

Looks awesome though mate quality job

sambryant

RoadRunner meep meep
Mar 26, 2009
Bristol
hello m8, thanks for the pics. your car is looking very nice indeed :D. i now have my 90 degree bends and will be refitting my intercooler on the weekend. also what bulbs are in your fogs as they look the nuts :D

Aug 1, 2009
Hemel Hempstead
Really liking the bay mate - those covers make things look really neat - its a very minimal style that youve gone for and different to most Ive seen (which are still nice, just a bit more flash). This one seems like its going to get a lot done to it in a short space of time. lucky you :)

leons_ leon

BYE BYE GTI
Jan 2, 2010
Norwich
Where did you get the 90 degree elbows from? Or did you modify the 45's? Car looks good though mate, like the S3 covers.

From tx autosport i asked for 4x90 degree hoses instead of 2x45 and 2x90 hoses when i brought the fmic, you could email him and he may exchange them for you? worth a try;)
And thanks, the car looks alot better in the flesh im just not very handy with a camera nor do i have a good one lol

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.