MK1 Leon FR TDI, Stealth Edition [PREPPING FOR SALE]

Andrewcupra TDI

Resident Desk Jockey
Apr 30, 2008
in the mountains ( Wales )
Try Foretrack.
I'm the Head of Foretrack technical support at Foresolutions, i have a little plug n play (obd port) tracker in my car

But we do have hard wired ones that can be hidden in the depths of your vehicle and that are much more advanced but they cost more.

There is no app for it yet but it is viewable on my iphone browser.

can you not just unplug this though and render it useless when they use your odb port to clone the keys etc
might work on the older generation cars i,e our leons but the new cars i,e the bmws are stolen through that method

and M20FES shame all the hard works coming to an end ( well for the leon anyways )
seems all the big guns are moving away now - been crossing my mind alot over the last few months !!

Dozer360

mk1 Seat Leon 20v T
Jun 1, 2010
southampton
can you not just unplug this though and render it useless when they use your odb port to clone the keys etc
might work on the older generation cars i,e our leons but the new cars i,e the bmws are stolen through that method

and M20FES shame all the hard works coming to an end ( well for the leon anyways )
seems all the big guns are moving away now - been crossing my mind alot over the last few months !!

Yeah unless u tuck it behind the dash. I just use mine to log work miles.
The hard wired ones are a lot better, for absolute security I'd get an AT110, great little units that are hard wired in to the vehicle and if you opt for the canbus install you can do loads of exciting things with it.

Sep 18, 2009
Shropshire
Just got to the end of this thread...I'm devastated that you're breaking her up after all this!! Such a lot of time and effort, I'm in awe of your enthusiasm!
Have had my FR TDi nearly 3 weeks now and loving every minute. Will start doing a few bits soon, but keeping it subtle as the coppers round here just love doing paperwork - or so it seems the number of times I got pulled over in my manky old bog-standard Focus!

Good luck with the new motor, hope it gives as much pleasure as the old Leon.
Pete.

Cheers Mate, enjoy the Leon they are good cars, and although iam enjoying the beemer i am missing the comfy setup i built inside the Leon.

Hi Mate

I've been looking through this blog post and i'm getting a lot of great ideas. I was just wondering on the pancake pipe that you fitted to car, I see that it was a hassle and what was the modification that you did to have it fit properly without rubbing

Aldo how did you prep your engine and battery cover for paint so they don't react to the paint?

Cheers
more hassle then its worth, dont bother with it mate unless you want to be constantly putting back on popped boost hoses.

Is there a link for this video on youtube?
no not on youtube mate just photobucket, why you ask ?

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2009
Shropshire
Stripped out the polished header tank, R32 black leather Konigs and heated seat switches and loom today.

Put standard black leather electric seats back in.

Sep 18, 2009
Shropshire
Spare LCR Alloy and brand new Falken tyre, R32 Black Leather Heated Konigs, Rare MK1 Leon Heated seat switches & LHD switchs & Loom now on ebay. user PIX-N-MIX :funk:

Last edited:

Haydn1992

Oct 16, 2013
Manchester
TDI Issues

Fell back in love with this car again after the work it's had done.

Now running weitec coilovers so now its sitting rather low and hasn't really effect it's comfort level too much at all which iam really pleased about with improved handling but think iam gonna start seeing quicker tyre wear as my toyo proxies are grippy.

Running a turbo back non-res milltek system with decat has made the car more responsive, sounds much better outside and hear the spool through the exhaust without increasing any noise in the car while driving, backbox sits shorter and tighter to the rear bumper.

And cruise control is just plain freaky :eek: , go on the motorway and set it to 70mph and take your feet off the pedals and it just drives itself, slows it done or speeds it up on hills etc to keep it at the set speed. This feature which I'll only use on the motorway is gonna take some getting use to :lol:

Overall very happy.

Next phase will be to price up an uprated clutch with a stage 1 map to see me in the 200ish BHP area.

Phase 2 I'll start looking into hybrid turbos, stage 2 maps and other performance enhancements that are available to see me in the 250+ BHP area.

But before all that I need to get cracking on with the Porsche boxster brake conversion, which should see the fronts go from 288 to 325mm. Already got the carriers and custom brake hoses. Need to seek the calipers, then some discs and pads.

How much lower have you gone with the coilovers? Heard there are a lot of problems with the sump and driveshaft on the TDI

Sep 18, 2009
Shropshire
Fell back in love with this car again after the work it's had done.

Now running weitec coilovers so now its sitting rather low and hasn't really effect it's comfort level too much at all which iam really pleased about with improved handling but think iam gonna start seeing quicker tyre wear as my toyo proxies are grippy.

Running a turbo back non-res milltek system with decat has made the car more responsive, sounds much better outside and hear the spool through the exhaust without increasing any noise in the car while driving, backbox sits shorter and tighter to the rear bumper.

And cruise control is just plain freaky :eek: , go on the motorway and set it to 70mph and take your feet off the pedals and it just drives itself, slows it done or speeds it up on hills etc to keep it at the set speed. This feature which I'll only use on the motorway is gonna take some getting use to :lol:

Overall very happy.

Next phase will be to price up an uprated clutch with a stage 1 map to see me in the 200ish BHP area.

Phase 2 I'll start looking into hybrid turbos, stage 2 maps and other performance enhancements that are available to see me in the 250+ BHP area.

But before all that I need to get cracking on with the Porsche boxster brake conversion, which should see the fronts go from 288 to 325mm. Already got the carriers and custom brake hoses. Need to seek the calipers, then some discs and pads.

How much lower have you gone with the coilovers? Heard there are a lot of problems with the sump and driveshaft on the TDI

Not sure how low the coilovers are without measuring, ill guess about 40mm rear, 35 front. Not really had issues with the sump or driveshafts tbh, bigger problem with the front LCR splitter. Had a driveshaft pop recently but it was old and clock over 100k so was expected.

runnerpart2

Runnerpart2
May 23, 2009
Leeds
Ok got a new genuine seat pancake pipe and hose setup from Dave @ Sere cause ive had nothing but hassle from the uprated SFS one and now the hose from the turbo to pancake pipe has been rubbing on the driveshaft and eat its way through the pipe and before that endless amounts of pipes blowing off where the hose clips just arnt strong enough, it was time to go back to standard. Not cheap at £270 but couldnt be dealing with the hassle any more

DSC03889.jpg

DSC03894.jpg

DSC03895.jpg

DSC03897.jpg

New genuine one fitted

DSC03884.jpg

DSC03898.jpg

DSC03900.jpg

DSC03901.jpg

Hey man love the car

do you know what caused the drive shaft to eat through the pipe I have the same sort of pipe fitted and I know when I full lock the car (as if I was turning right) it would rub but I haven't investigated it yet as its winter and its cold as sh*t.

Sep 18, 2009
Shropshire
hi how much for the cat back ?
sorry, not for sale, its being sold with the car. The cars not being broken, just some parts being put back to standard.

Been doing a little work on the Leon recently prepping it for sale.

Removed all the stealth edition decals, Put standard front and rear calipers on and painted them hammerite red along with new Pagid discs and pads all round. New Bosch Aero wiper blades. Ordered a new OEM Sachs clutch and DMF so i can remove the stage 2 Sachs clutch & SMF thats in there.

a few jobs left to do:

• Fit Standard Airbox & air intake & paper air filter
• Black LCR Drivers A Pillar
• 4 x Part Worn 225\40\18 Tyres
• O/S Drive Shaft
• Fit new clutch and Recon \ Replacing Gearbox
• Alloy Wheel center caps

Might extended the tax and mot on it, so its got a year on both to help sell it. The more i do the more money iam losing really, but id sooner sell it knowing its a good car as apposed to maximizing my profits and selling the problems on to someone else.

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2009
Shropshire
Will you be putting the parts you've taken off up for sale in the 'parts for sale' thread?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

parts already been sold mate via ebay. There is no "parts for sale" thread on here anymore, hasn't been for ages. Buying and selling through the forum is not allowed.

Sep 18, 2009
Shropshire
current spec with parts downgraded with some stuff going back to standard.

Already have a buyer for this now, Should be ready in about 2 weeks.

UPDATED: February 2014
MODS FOR FAR:

INTERIOR
Black Electric Leather Seats
LCR\Golf R32 Black Interior Trim Upgrade (Pillars, center console, Sunroof switch, lights, grab handles, door seals, mirror) - £300
Black leather look custom roof lining - £12
Audi A3\S3 Black Leather Armrest - £100
Audi A3\S3 Red Illuminated Vents - £50
VW Golf MK5 black electric sunvisors & Vanity Lights - £50
VW Golf MK4 3rd Middle Sunvisor - £7
VW Golf MK5\6 black leather & brushed aluminium Gearknob - £15
VW Black Sunglasses Holder (replaces drivers grab handle) - £30
Ambient red LED in front roof lining - £5
Retro Fit Cruise Control - £120
Remote windows on keyfob (VDc pro mod thanks to AshFR)
Tailor fit Black car mats - £20
Black Leather Tax Disc Holder - £15

ICE
Pioneer AVH-8400BT Double Din 7" Touchscreen DVD Headunit - £429
CD-IW201V & CD-IW201S iPhone\iPod Leads - £60
Reverse camera - £20
Veba AVRS1A Reverse sensor kit - £35
Clifford G5 alarm blue led upgrade - £10

BODY
LCR Front Bumper & Splitter - £300
Heko Smoked Wind deflectors - £25
VW Golf MK4 R32 Modified Aero wiper arms and Bosch blades - £50
Skoda Fabia Rear Wiper Arm conversion - £20
Tinted rear windows & sunstrip - £200
Fly Eyes Black Headlight Kit - £15
Smoked side indicator lens - £15
Part Smoked Rear Lights (E-Tech Tint Spray) - £10
Ultrawhite LED Numberplate lights - £10
Xeon White 6000k LED Fog Lights - £18
Chrome indicator bulbs all round - £5
Debadged Boot and front wings
Black\carbon vinyl wrapped front & rear "Seat" badges
Painted silver FR Mirrors in Black Magic
Private Plate & Plates Made - £270

WHEELS, TYRES, SUSPENSION
18" Kahn RS-R Alloys & Tyres
Weitec GT Coilovers - £500
Audi TT Uprated Front solid wishbone Bushes - £35
Superpro Poly Front wishbone & Steering Rack bushes - £40

BRAKES
Standard Painted Red

ENGINE BAY DECORATIVE MODS
Stainless mirror polished wing bolts and washers - £14
Stainless mirror Polished mist jet washers - £7
SFS Red silicone 3" TIP (AH33) - £150
SFS Red silicone coolant hoses (CHS212) - £150
Braided fuel hoses with red finishers - £100
Painted engine plastics semi gloss black

PERFORMANCE MODS
Sachs Stage 2 Race SMF, Slave Cylinder & Organic Clutch Kit (Rated to 390Ft/Lbs+) - £1120
Milltek turbo back (de-cat) non-res exhaust - £580
Allard EGR Delete Kit - £50
Darkside Developments braided turbo oil feed line - £50

REPLACED/SERVICED PARTS
Serviced (192K): Castrol Edge 5W 40 oil, oil filter, pollen filter (fitted 27/07/13) - £40
Bosch S5 HSB096 780A Car Battery (fitted 09/07/11) - £125
Genuine VW Cam, cambelt, cam bearings, tappets and shells, water pump (fitted 20/06/12)- £665
Genuine VW Intercooler & Pancake pipes & Seals (fitted 02/11/12) - £270
Recon Garrett GT1749VB Turbo (fitted 09/03/13) - £300
Rear Wheel Bearings
New Bosch MAF (fitted 12/04/13)- £80
Genuine VW Coolant temp sensor 4 pin Green (fitted 12/04/13) - £40
New N/S Driveshaft, Wishbones and ball joints and new bolts (fitted 03/06/13) - £120
Steering Rack, Track Rod Ends & 4 wheel alignment (fitted 13/08/13) - £290
Pagid front & Rear Brake Discs & Pads - £100
Denso Glow Plugs (fitted 18/02/14) - £40
New Glow Plug Harness - £40

Last edited:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise