less than 1 month old....

sixysix

Jan 27, 2014
London
lol tell me about it,
I washed my car this morning as it was minging, then dorve 5 miles to supermarket, when I got out, the sides rear are pure filth again! :cry: :happy:

So did they blend in the rear door by spraying the rear wing and front door?
Always hard to see, even with hi res pictures sometimes.

Fraczish

Aug 20, 2013
Final attempt until its fully dry... I hope I'm not going crazy dont the door and rear bumper appear to be completely different??

Fraczish

Aug 20, 2013
lol tell me about it,
I washed my car this morning as it was minging, then dorve 5 miles to supermarket, when I got out, the sides rear are pure filth again! :cry: :happy:

So did they blend in the rear door by spraying the rear wing and front door?
Always hard to see, even with hi res pictures sometimes.

Yes mate that exactly what they did.. Seemed excessive to me though as there is an obvious shut line at each end of the door?

sixysix

Jan 27, 2014
London
It does look a slightly different shade in your last picture and it could well be different, although take into account that the same paint on a metal panel can look slightly different to a plastic panel ie bumper even if the same paint is used.

Same as using a particular primer can change the final look of a particular colour.

Do you notice a similar theme if you look at the drivers side rear panel and bumper or do they look like a closer match to one another?

Also, try and compare the rear door colour with the front wing as they are both metal panels and should show the colour match better or the difference :)

Fraczish

Aug 20, 2013
It does look a slightly different shade in your last picture and it could well be different, although take into account that the same paint on a metal panel can look slightly different to a plastic panel ie bumper even if the same paint is used.

Same as using a particular primer can change the final look of a particular colour.

Do you notice a similar theme if you look at the drivers side rear panel and bumper or do they look like a closer match to one another?

Also, try and compare the rear door colour with the front wing as they are both metal panels and should show the colour match better or the difference :)
Great point... Will take a look in morning!

dw911

Mar 30, 2013
**update

Car was collected yesterday, I'm now the interim owner of 1.2 corsa.... .... ... ....yeah..
Any how, had a call from the garage and they are painting the door and and blending it in to the front door and rear panel.. Anyone had anything like this done? Seems excessive for one scratch isolated to a single panel..

Got the car back this morning.. It was raining hard so inspection was difficult. After closer look I would describe the repair as good but not brilliant.
The color match isn't great, I can see the difference between the painted and non painted panels (albeit just slightly) and there is a touch of overspray on the base of the mirror (approx 1/2" long on the black plastic)

So I've called the garage and wait their response..

Needs more blending to the next panels :D with luck by the fourth time they had it back in, all the panels will colour match
And your car will have had a complete respray ;)

But all joking aside, That's terrible, there is no excuse for overspray, just points to either laziness or a bad painter/prepper or both

As for the colour not matching, they have no excuse, you should not be able to spot the repair, that colour miss match sticks out like a sore ar*e

Take it straight back and give them one opportunity to put it right, if they can't then take it elsewhere and have it done correctly at their expense

You haven't paid them for it yet have you ?

sixysix

Jan 27, 2014
London
I got bored so opened your image in photoshop and used the colour sampler tool on the areas close to the edge of the bumper and the near edge of the rear wing and the numbers are coming up very close.

Not a scientific full proof test but suggests that the colours are actually very close :)

Fraczish

Aug 20, 2013
I do appreciate that it really is only a shade or two different, hense my first post saying it was good but not great, I haven't paid them, only the excess on the Insurance... The company is the one the insurance company use for all their repairs "quality repair centres"... Oh the irony :)

I will be taking it back as its annoying me more and more..

sixysix

Jan 27, 2014
London
I do appreciate that it really is only a shade or two different, hense my first post saying it was good but not great, I haven't paid them, only the excess on the Insurance... The company is the one the insurance company use for all their repairs "quality repair centres"... Oh the irony :)

I agree fully matey, if it's wrong it's wrong and I would be nagging them to to sort it out :)

Do you remember thos harlequin VW Polo'? god they were awful things but easy to respray as every panel was a different colour :D

Last edited:

dw911

Mar 30, 2013
I got bored so opened your image in photoshop and used the colour sampler tool on the areas close to the edge of the bumper and the near edge of the rear wing and the numbers are coming up very close.

Not a scientific full proof test but suggests that the colours are actually very close :)

That's ok then
It's only a slightly mismatched panel on the op's month old car:confused:;)

dw911

Mar 30, 2013

I thought you paid out your own pocket,I didn't realise you went through your insurance company, that explains a lot, in that case my comments were a bit harsh about the garage, as the insurance company, would have forced them into the a minimum hourly rate,most probably allowed two hours labour at most and minimum materials costs, so the only way for the garage to make the job pay and sometimes just break even is to rush the job as quick as they can

That's why insurance companies want you to use their repairers, its not for your benefit, its for theirs

Why can the insurance companies force the garages in this way, because if the garages don't dance to the tune of the insurance companies, they simply take them off their repair center list and stop sending them repair jobs

You should still reject the repair and ask for it to be done properly

sixysix

Jan 27, 2014
London
That's ok then
It's only a slightly mismatched panel on the op's month old car:confused:;)

And there was me trying to be helpful :rolleyes:
I already said if he was not happy he should take it further which he is doing anyway.

I was trying to gather if the colour looks better or worse in the flesh than in a picture.

rumple

That's awful, some people have no morals. Really hope you can polish it out and not have to resort to paint

Stonesie

Apr 28, 2012
Doncaster
This kind of crap is what makes me wonder about getting a MK3, I really want one but my MK2 got keyed outside the local hospital, and has picked up car park dings in work's car park... On a 4+ year old car it's annoying, on a new one I would be going ballistic.

Cougar

Jul 10, 2011
This kind of crap is what makes me wonder about getting a MK3, I really want one but my MK2 got keyed outside the local hospital, and has picked up car park dings in work's car park... On a 4+ year old car it's annoying, on a new one I would be going ballistic.

Not just on this car, but on my previous, you soon develop this habit for parking miles away in a car park just because it looks like a spot where people are less likely to park alongside you just to avoid the car park dings!

smurf123

Feb 9, 2014
swindon wiltshire
here here cannot agree with you more i allways park the other side of car park where there are no cars but someone allways has to park next to you when they have god knows how many spaces to choose from

ben450

Feb 17, 2012
London
Scummy pieces of **** mate I've had mine done so know how you feel. Lucky I didn't find them because I'd prob be locked up now. :censored::censored:

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.