less than 1 month old....

dw911

Mar 30, 2013
Thanks again for all your words of support!

Couple of closer photos here, looking how deep it is do you think it will need filling etc? What sort of result can I expect? Does it make it more difficult to match being metallic white?

If you zoom in a touch on the second photo you get an idea how deep it is...

That is deep, nknowhow you feel, someone did the same to my back nearside door on my brand new week old mk2 leon
Smart repair company said about £100 to fix it (black metallic)
They guaranteed the repair would be invisible
As it was I never bothered as I worked on the principle, now it had a scratch that hopefully anyone thinking of keying it would see its been done already and not bother again
Had it for around 30000 miles with the scratch till I got rid of it

Fraczish

Aug 20, 2013
I know what your saying DW just not sure I can live with it.. If it were a banger then maybe but its my first ever new motor, the dream was short lol

robo6

Oct 14, 2013
Durham
Hey Robo, I'm from the North East and recently had a quality re-spray on my rear panel from someone based in Northallerton. Send me a message if you need any more info.

That would be great if you could pass me their details?

madduffyx

Dec 21, 2009
That would be great if you could pass me their details?

I was going to private message you, but it wont work. I think it's because you haven't made a certain number of posts.

Anyways, his name is Phil Bell and his contact number is 07500 060248. He rents space at a garage called Charlie Taylors in Northallerton. The address is Standard Way Industrial Estate, Northallerton, North Yorkshire DL6 2XE.

My respray of the back right panel cost £100 just to give you an idea on cost and he had it done in the day.

Hope that covers everything :)

Fraczish

Aug 20, 2013
Ok the car is going in to the body shop next Friday, a curtsey car is being delivered and my FR is being collected.

Can I ask for peoples advice ref what to take note of or document? I've heard some horror stories about peoples motors coming back with damage and I'm not overly keen on letting some spotty teen drive off in my motor and thrash the arse off of it.. Is there anyway through VCDS that I can monitor how its been driven? Thinking about the 0-60 figures that are poss to read?

Jul 29, 2013
Essex
Ok the car is going in to the body shop next Friday, a curtsey car is being delivered and my FR is being collected.

Can I ask for peoples advice ref what to take note of or document? I've heard some horror stories about peoples motors coming back with damage and I'm not overly keen on letting some spotty teen drive off in my motor and thrash the arse off of it.. Is there anyway through VCDS that I can monitor how its been driven? Thinking about the 0-60 figures that are poss to read?

You can put it in valet/delivery mode I noticed. No idea what that does mind.

dw911

Mar 30, 2013

Keep a look out on u tube for spotty youths posting their video of your car at santa pod or on a open track day whilst its away:D

But seriously, just log the mileage and check the fuel computer when you get it back, if its been ragged round the town the mpg will be very low
Also take photos of car and each wheel in case it comes back curbed, that way u can prove it was ok when you handed it over to them
Also check the tyres for feathering, sure sign its been ragged around

I wouldn't use the valet mode unless you know what your doing

Try not to worry, most of these people drive lots of cars and tend not to risk thrashing customers cars as they never know who may be watching

Last edited:

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
Get the person collecting your car to sign a piece of paper stating any damage (interior and exterior)already on the car and the current mileage before they take it away. You should sign a copy too.

This will make it quite clear that you expect your car to be treated with respect.

I do this when I get my car serviced or in fact any visit to a dealer or tyre fitter etc.

They may think I'm a tit but my car has not come back to me with any sort of a mark on it since I've started doing this.

Last edited:

Fraczish

Aug 20, 2013
^^^ I think I may do this! Thanks Nath!
There's only one mark on the car and that shouldn't be there on its return!

Fraczish

Aug 20, 2013
Driving back from yeovil yesterday, a stone was thrown up for somewhere and has chipped the windscreen! Happy 1 month birthday!
Anyone had this sort thing repaired? The autoglass adverts spring to mine but not sure how that works?

Jul 29, 2013
Essex
Fcuk sake! Phone your insurance. Pretty much all of them let you do it for a fee of about £50 which won't affect your NCB.

Andy

Nov 12, 2013
Ayrshire, Scotland
Jeezo I got it done for a chip through Autoglass, cost me a tenner through insurance, it filled it but it doesn't go away like on TV, still visible.

Sent from my Galaxy SIII using fingers.

Last edited:

Fraczish

Aug 20, 2013
Fcuk sake! Phone your insurance. Pretty much all of them let you do it for a fee of about £50 which won't affect your NCB.

Tell me about it mate! They say these things come 3's.... Bl00dy hope not!!

Fraczish

Aug 20, 2013
Jeezo I got it down for a chip through autoglass, cost me a tenner through insurance, it filled it but it doesnt go away like on TV, still visible.

Sent from my Galaxy SIII using fingers.

Thanks Andy, will give a ring in the morning!

Andy

Nov 12, 2013
Ayrshire, Scotland
That was through Privilege insurance Frac and it was a tenner (I was expecting free) but that was a few years ago and insurance excesses have a tendency to creep upwards