Life After Blueflame on LCR

RickC

BUILT NOT BOUGHT
Dec 23, 2004
Lincoln
really considering getting a full blueflame exhaust, i just want to know people thoughts on them now since they have bedded in and have done a few miles,

what is noise like ? i have a 206 gti too with a induction kit on and its quiet until you give it some, is this like the blueflame?

any comments on it would be appreciated.

chubbs

Nov 14, 2001
waterlooville
Visit site
had mine on for a while now i think the noise is spot on . its quite when not on boost but then nice and throuty on boost . if your getting the 100 cell cat it can throw the anti pullution light on the dash as it has done on my car a few times there is nothing wrong with the cat but i'm told it takes a long time to warm up and is like a straight through exhaust . it took 2 trys to get through the mot luckly the garage i took it to are awear of the cat and took the car round the block a few times to get the cat warm enough. i didn't have blueflame fit mine and i've had no problems (only the light on dash) . on boost it does turn heads :funk: maybe you should get the 200 cel cat unless you have revo stage 2 as this turns the secound probe off i've got a jabba remap and i'm looking in to getting the secound probe turn off

wardy2602

Apr 22, 2006
Stoke-On-Trent
Hi all
Had a renualt 19 16v sometime ago had a full blueflame put on that sounded mint
Not to loud with enough grunt just right
hope this helps

NeilC

Has left the fold...
Mar 23, 2004
somewhere else
The anti pollution light comes on with the 200 cell cat too. It's just a light which can be cleared with vag-com till you can get it re-remapped to suit, so no probs there.
Still quiet on mine till i boot it. Can pop occasionally on overrrun but i quite like that.

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
I'd keep an eye on the fact that people are now going through their 2nd and 3rd downpipes due to poor welds on them. Not something I'd want to be buying into just yet...

chubbs

Nov 14, 2001
waterlooville
Visit site
i'm still on my fist and i hope only downpipe i have uprated the dogbone mount this should stop the engine moving as much i did read some were that the standered dogbone mount could have help cause the weilds to go as there alot of movement .. could be wrong though any one with an uprated dogbone had there downpipe go ?

NeilC

Has left the fold...
Mar 23, 2004
somewhere else
I'm still on my first too. Also i thought they'd changed the design now to stop it happening again. I'd have thought they'd have changed to overkill design now as it's cheaper for them to do a bit more welding than have to fix any more FOC under the warranty.
Who'd drive a remapped LCR without an upgraded dogbone mount when its only £15? Must be wheelspin crazy!

RickC

BUILT NOT BOUGHT
Dec 23, 2004
Lincoln
itll be going to jbs to have custom code 2 , will they be able to turn off the second sensor with their software? i think this is just what im after, what did you lot pay for a 100 cell full system?

chubbs

Nov 14, 2001
waterlooville
Visit site
can't remember but i think it was about £530 ish with a group buy not inc fitting i payed about £120 for it to be fitted . i'm sure they would be able to turn the senser off i'd asked just to make sure as it can be a pain in the arse when the light comes on and it gets you at it thinking your car is gonna brake down

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
Pabs said:
J@mes' LCR is on his 3rd Downpipe... pretty sure he has the uprated DB mount too...

nope im on standard dog bone!

will be having that done asap! :yes:

Mat138L

Nov 2, 2005
halifax
i whent to see them and and they did mine for 530 fitted so tell them you saw there exhaust on ebay and you missed out on a group buy on this forum and they will do you a deal i am sure.it does take them a while to fit so they will get you a taxi to the nearest town which is crap there is nothing there so i just jumped on a bus to wigan there is a bit more to do there.they do end up cutting your old exhaust up to get if though.i think its well worth it for the price

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
chubbs said:
James all done mate nice one just have to wait till it arrives can't believe it's only £19 and it will sort that light out :clap: :clap: :clap: why don't some one in the uk sell these

i spent fcuking 2 weeks trying to get someone in america to send me the £8 spark plug non foulers i needed! [:@]

so far iv done 800miles with no CEL where as before the longest i went was 300 miles and that was after i slowed down the lambda sample rate hoping that would fix the problem!

its weird tho i only got the cat below efficiency CEL about 4 months after my jabba remap... and the full BF exhaust has been on for about 9 months now i guess.

Last edited:
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.