lights flicker

Jun 7, 2006
Norfolk, Norwich
ok i have noticed this and i never really saw how bad it was till last night..

if i am sat still and the lights are on.. i tap the accelerator and the lights will flicker. not out but dim a little (like its drawing to much current off the battery)

always done thought it was normal.. but last night i was sat at the traffic lights with the indicator on and i can see my lights dimming with the on off of the indicators.. look at my dash the lights on there do the same and then the air and stereo all the same flickering..

is it normal for a cupra to do this or should i take it back

smee

T. Spark

Also when u have music on, loud!

Tis fun, its like having them daft undercar neons that flash to ur music, only we get them all round, outside and in for nowt :D

andy_gdon

Aug 20, 2004
ou should also notice a dimming of the lights when you turn the steering wheel. Just a voltage drop, nothing to worry about!!

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
having an alternator that is calculated to be just sufficient is a good way of keeping load on the engine and fuel consumption down

also I read some time ago about vacuum switches connected to the inlet manifold that disconnect the alternator on full throttle to give a few bhp more

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2006
Norfolk, Norwich
update... after reading around i came to the conclusion it was an earth fault.. so i decided today was the day to fix... might of had my mind made up for me when i put the key in to start it and the car switches off completely.

pop the bonnet and start to have a look

thinking i know the problem i start pulling on cables to see what i can find. to say my search lasted more than 5 seconds is an understatement.. this is what i found.

DSC00122.jpg

the guys at seat had not done up the earth on the chassie properly. infact i could remove the nut with my fingers. tightened it up and an instant improvement. started up straight away (where as before seem to hesitate) the lights dont seem to flicker eaither :)

just incase any one else has this problem this might be the cause

Smee

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise