More moans about my 'new, Cupra PD160

MW05

Oct 18, 2015
I've only had it a couple of weeks and this is what i've found...
Interior light doesn't fully switch off when driving. It stays on but very dimly. Is this normal? I pulled up outside home on Monday, locked it up and went back outside to check an hour later and it was still lit up on dim.
If you switch it off it goes off but when on 'normal' setting it dims to what i'd guess to be 2 or 3 volts going through the bulb.

I have auto down when lowering both front windows but no auto up. I live life at such a fast pace i feel i need to raise the windows with a single touch on the switch and feel sad that i have to hold my finger on it.
Is this normal or is something broken? My previous FR PD130 had one touch up AND down.

NO cruise control! My FR had this and i miss it. Would the wiring be in place so i just need to add the stalk and reprogram the ECU?

AC doesn't work but i can get that regassed...

mjstokes85

Diesel Power
Nov 14, 2005
Long Eaton
I've only had it a couple of weeks and this is what i've found...
Interior light doesn't fully switch off when driving. It stays on but very dimly. Is this normal? I pulled up outside home on Monday, locked it up and went back outside to check an hour later and it was still lit up on dim.
If you switch it off it goes off but when on 'normal' setting it dims to what i'd guess to be 2 or 3 volts going through the bulb.

I have auto down when lowering both front windows but no auto up. I live life at such a fast pace i feel i need to raise the windows with a single touch on the switch and feel sad that i have to hold my finger on it.
Is this normal or is something broken? My previous FR PD130 had one touch up AND down.

NO cruise control! My FR had this and i miss it. Would the wiring be in place so i just need to add the stalk and reprogram the ECU?

AC doesn't work but i can get that regassed...
Normally LED lights will stay on slightly if the bulbs have been changed. Check then first!
Reset the windows by holding the switch up or down for 10 seconds after the window has reaches the top or bottom.
If you have the convenience pack on a facelift Cupra you’ll have cruise like I do, otherwise yes it can be retro fitted depending on what convenience module you have.

MW05

Oct 18, 2015
Normally LED lights will stay on slightly if the bulbs have been changed. Check then first!
Reset the windows by holding the switch up or down for 10 seconds after the window has reaches the top or bottom.
If you have the convenience pack on a facelift Cupra you’ll have cruise like I do, otherwise yes it can be retro fitted depending on what convenience module you have.
Thanks for that.
I've checked and disposed of the interior LED bulb. A normal one is now in and works fine.
I've tried holding the switch down and up for ten seconds after the window has opened or closed and it hasn't worked.
Do you know which convenience module i need to refit cruise? Does it depend on what goodies i already have? I have air con and i think that's about it for extras. Frankly i'm a little disappointed in the spec. I thought a Cupra would be loaded.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.