Likely boost leak areas BAM engine

Chrissy20vt

Nov 2, 2009
I have had my car checked by 3 garages, they cannot locate any leaks, No pressure tests have been done, just visibly looking at the hoses,

Leak started when I changed to an uprated recirc DV, A huge wheezing can now be heard with probs only 75% power..

Where should I be looking for leaks, it seems EVETRYWHERE has been checked,..

I am beyond at my wits end,...

Chrissy

Chrissy20vt

Nov 2, 2009
Yes, I swapped back to the std DV and its exactly the same,. It was an unknown brand, alike the 007p, but not..

rsmith

Robbie
Apr 28, 2004
Tipperary, Ireland
Upper and lower boost pipes mate,(from the charge pipe and the inlet manifold) i fitting an FMIC recently and i didn’t put one of the jubilee clamps on even, so it was not sitting right on the pipe, you could here it wheezing like a party horn when I hit about 0.8 bar, I realigned it and tightened it up, job done, worth checking

Ronin225

Jan 17, 2008
Worcester
I had a similar instance with mine a few years ago
Turned out to be the bottom ofthe TIP where it connects to the turbo
To see this you need to look from underneath through the gap in the front subframe
Not a leak but held the car back and as deteriorated and split more it became limp mode

turbin

My PCV system had a leak. So it "used" oil, but it was only squirting it out during pressure. Some of those joints are weak links..

Now she is tiiiight - just the way I like em ;)

Chrissy20vt

Nov 2, 2009
Upper and lower boost pipes mate,(from the charge pipe and the inlet manifold) i fitting an FMIC recently and i didn’t put one of the jubilee clamps on even, so it was not sitting right on the pipe, you could here it wheezing like a party horn when I hit about 0.8 bar, I realigned it and tightened it up, job done, worth checking

Well that sounds promising, As a newbee - Do you have a pic of what/where im supposed to be looking at?

Its defo a wheezing, and as soon as the higher boost sets in it just escapes.....

Chrissy20vt

Nov 2, 2009
I had a similar instance with mine a few years ago
Turned out to be the bottom ofthe TIP where it connects to the turbo
To see this you need to look from underneath through the gap in the front subframe
Not a leak but held the car back and as deteriorated and split more it became limp mode

This also is a possible, Is any of this area easy to get to? If I remove the Airbox would it be easier roomwise?

Cheers

Ronin225

Jan 17, 2008
Worcester
If you remove the airbox then just feel the rigidly of the pipe and check it all the way down
The turbo connection you will have to do by feel though unless you fancy removing it completely or getting under the car

rsmith

Robbie
Apr 28, 2004
Tipperary, Ireland
Check the blue pipes marked 1 and 2, make sure they are tightened and also follow the path of the pipes down each side and check those connections.TBO any jubilee clamps you see, check them

BBSCupraR008Large-1.jpg