Limited edition Seat Leon ‘Copa’

Jack Jumpin

Jul 19, 2007
Anyone else think it is time for a new bodykit for the leon ?

I do like it but this and the K1 having the same kit, while any leon owner can buy the kit
and stick it on. Not very exclusive is it ??

Cheers
JJ

warren_cox

Back from the dead
Price increase to....

£30,389

Anyone think the S3 seems cheap?

The killer for me is as much as I like it I'd still have to put up with the current Leon dash, and for £30k thats too much to bear.

Looks like the Brembo's may be back, and about time too. I'd lose the viper stripes though, makes the nose of the car look clumsy!

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
and we thought mk2 gti 8/16v and cupra/sports were confusing :)

how many is that now ?

FR
Cupra
K1
K2?
Copa

throw in tdi to the mix and wahey

*edit* actually this intro says it all to me
driven a Cupra R for the last 4 years and have today ordered a Leon K1 - bit of a rigmorole getting to the bottom of what was available / when and what options were inclusive (if you get what I mean). Anyway deposit secures K1 in Luna Grey with Bi-Xenon's inclusive - a bit of negotiation required - it appears the only K1 in the world had these fitted already

i hope you dont mind Lance but sort of 'real world' explained what is going to happen

Last edited:

kingkongsfinger

Feb 16, 2005
Bolton
Maybe the standard Cupra will be the one to have, no kit, not messed around with?

You look at any decent hot/sporty car thats over 3 or 4 years old, the bog standard ones always are more sort after. Not the "Tresser", "Dimma", "Irsmsher" etc. factory modified ones.

lasbazrre

Sep 15, 2007
Manchester
It's getting a bit Renault isn't it?

Megane sport
Megane cup
Megane sport with cup pack
Megane F1
Megane Trophy
Megane Lux
Megane R26
Megane ultamate ( due for release )

cer-ching!

leon

Al

Aug 29, 2005
What a surprise - the good old Aero Bumpers re-used for the umpteenth time lol :p

Those bumpers have had more come backs than Rocky in their short life :lol:

For that money, the "Copa" had better have;

1) LSD
2) Uprated brakes
3) Uprated Intercooler
4) Weekend with a tall blond super model who will do whatever you want her to do
5) Option to lose the Aero Bumpers

I would sooner have an all wheel drive S3 than spend all that on a Leon. Sorry.

Last edited:

RS4Barry

Feb 25, 2002
Fife
Visit site
Sorry but 30k is getting into serious territory that far exceeds the leon, golf and indeed the S3. A nice E46 M3 or 993/996 would get my vote at this kinda money.

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Sorry but 30k is getting into serious territory that far exceeds the leon, golf and indeed the S3. A nice E46 M3 or 993/996 would get my vote at this kinda money.

what do they all cost in germany relatively? with 3yrs warrantee etc

warren_cox

Back from the dead
Like £30k is its basic price - I guess sat nav, bluetooth, ipod, armrest etc.. will be extra.

If it had been pitched at about £23k (or price of an Ed30), then it would have been feasible, but what have you gained? Leather, uprated brakes, a remap, some stripes. And the price has jumped £10k. Basic S3 is £27, so its a 10% premium over that.

I prey its got 4motion.

I don't mean to run this car as I'm all for more driver focussed vehicles, but there is a price point where the brand struggles to to carry a price tag, and this is right on it now. You could get a Seat Cupra Championship car for not much more money than this with a few extras!

bentaw

Revo'd LCR
Oct 1, 2004
Hampshire
at the end of the day i see your point but at the same time SEAT are only doing what every other car brand is doing trying to capture everyones tastes, i do agree that if i brought a cupra a year ago and was lead to believe that there was no better model coming out and then the K1 and this get released i would be pis£$d off as i wanted the top of the range model, you only have to look at how many Audi TT's came out then how many Megannes are there.

Then you say people can go and buy the kits to fit to their cars but you could do the same with the LCR so why complain now you will be able to do the same with the next car so i think this is something you just have to accept.

I think it is good SEAT are trying to diversify to everyones tastes its just a shame for the people who brought the cupra in the first place thinking they have got the top of the range model only to find a year later there are 2 more models to come out ok same engine but with different options and looks. However the LCR first came out with 210bhp people brought it then they change the wing mirrors and other things then they bring out 225bhp with different steering wheel its evolution its making the car they produced and designed 3 years ago stay up to date as long as possible until they have to create the MK3.

This is my opinion anyway take it as you will

bentaw

Revo'd LCR
Oct 1, 2004
Hampshire
i do agree however that the price is silly especially for SEAT i may push a 300bhp S3 at that price but at 30k i agree you need to start looking at BMW and EVO's

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.